dimensions for aluminum diff solid mounts?

daveL82

I plan to pull the diff and cross member in the next few days so while out I plan of putting in solid mounts for the diff so any dimensions out there?

Should I raise the diff 1/2 inch so the front mount is right on the frame (front mount will have frame hole filled for 5/8 bolt. If so I'll need off set mounts for the crossmember. Maybe enough room in stock mounts if I pull the rubber, relocate center spacer down, and maybe weld spacer to sleeve?

I may have a stock bushing I could measure.

Why drill frame hole for 5/8 bolt? The hole is much larger than that, no need to drill the frame. You'd have to drill out the sleeve that goes inside the bushing.

If you just cut out the rubber and stake the sleeve to collapse it and pull it out you can tap in new bushings in the batwing. Maybe get some alu slugs machined with an offset hole for the bolt, put them in and drill and tap through the side of the batwing so you can insert a set screw so the bushing does not rotate.

Marck, Will look at the batwing bushings this weekend if time allows.

The front will be filled not drilled. I will weld in a washer with 5/8 hole.

you could have mine........

I plan to pull the diff and cross member in the next few days so while out I plan of putting in solid mounts for the diff so any dimensions out there?

Should I raise the diff 1/2 inch so the front mount is right on the frame (front mount will have frame hole filled for 5/8 bolt. If so I'll need off set mounts for the crossmember. Maybe enough room in stock mounts if I pull the rubber, relocate center spacer down, and maybe weld spacer to sleeve?

You could have my rear crossmember along with Aluminum Pucks and studs for $100 + SH. Let me know and ill send pics....