How to Pump Gasolene?

68/70Vette

How to Pump Gasoline?

I have some 5 gallon cans of racing fuel. To fuel my 68 and 08, I now have to use a funnel and pour out of the can. I think this is pretty dangerous, expecially the 68 'cause I have to try to hold the gas can up over the body.

Anyone fabricated a set-up using an electric car pump to pump out of the can? Is there something I can buy? I suppose a purely mechanical hand cranked pump would be OK.

Thanks

Last edited:
Did it decades ago in the '70 Sha/Iran fuel crunch...electric pump wired from the 50 gallon capacity van into the 10 gallon tank of a Plymouth Arrow...

so during that 'crisis' is got up early only 4X waiting for gasoline....and took pleasure in burning gas to keep warm, being it was winter/chilly....

the electric pump was identical to the pusher pump from the rear tank in the present project...Jed's Clamper...some little solenoid driven thing with a TO3 transistor on top of it....

:flash::D:ghost:

I have some 5 gallon cans of racing fuel. To fuel my 68 and 08, I now have to use a funnel and pour out of the can. I think this is pretty dangerous, expecially the 68 'cause I have to try to hold the gas can up over the body.

Anyone fabricated a set-up using an electric car pump to pump out of the can? Is there something I can buy? I suppose a purely mechanical hand cranked pump would be OK.

Thanks

Afraid of dropping the can on the body?