my keyless entry wont work

whinny

got a V8 thats 6 years old and the battery operated zapper doesnt work.I have replaced the batteries in 2 units i got with the car, but still no entry.The dealer said they can sell me 2 new keys and reprogram them for $800, seems a bit stiff to me.Any options you guys?????

help!!!
russ

got a V8 thats 6 years old and the battery operated zapper doesnt work.I have replaced the batteries in 2 units i got with the car, but still no entry.The dealer said they can sell me 2 new keys and reprogram them for $800, seems a bit stiff to me.Any options you guys?????

help!!!
russ

Remotes are $25.00 on e-bay, and reprogramming takes about 10 minutes. I would say that is STEEP. DIY.

help!!!
russ

Remotes are $25.00 on e-bay, and reprogramming takes about 10 minutes. I would say that is STEEP. DIY.

I agree, when I bought my present DD it only came with 1 remote I picked up 1 off e-bay for around $25 and programmed it myself