Aluminum Tie Rod Sleeves

I used the gold aluminum ones for my tierods. The threads were a little messed up, but they are all good now, and havent given me anymore problems. I would guess if they are good enough for tierods, they are good enough for strut rods.

Yes. swedged are stronger...didn't even know they had them. They are a bitch to adjust though with only the knurled part and sometimes a couple of flats so that's why I generally use hex tubing. Same goes for those nice gold colored ones. I have used those for spreader bars.

Anyway, the swedged ands are formed over a threaded die, so the threads are rolled in...all the others have cut threads. Rolled = stronger.

TT
Would you still use the hex tube over the swedged end tube? I'm thinking with new rod ends and lots of antiseeze.

Thanks

Does anyone know what length the stock tie rod sleeves are? I'm going to attempt to do a rack install based on vette427sbc's writeup and it looks like he used stock length sleeves without a problem. Id like to order the hex tube like TT suggested but want to get the right length.
Thanks for any help :)

Hope I caught you before you bought the sleeves... I ended up buying a longer sleeve than stock (or whatever the VBP HD ones are) I didnt feel comfortable with the amount of thread that was actually in the sleeve with a proper alignment. I think it came out to almost 1/8" toe-out :amazed: with the VBP sleeves. I think I went with 12 or even a 13" aluminum sleeve. I like having the most thread possible in the aluminum sleeves.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't order my sleeves yet but will put my order together this weekend.

Does speedway sell that hex tubing in custom lengths? I spent over an hour searching the site but can only find the 8 9 and 11" tie rod sleeves. Id like a couple of longer lengths.
Thanks

I found them on Jegs but the number doesnt have the H or -1 at the end so there is no way to tell if its hex or round.

I remember from years ago, that the tie rods have to be 17" long, that's center-center on the ends, that for nearly zero bump stear....

Pretty sure the fellow was Norval, over on another forum, I remember all the discussions on that bump stear issue after I had finalized my install on the rack...

:drink: