GM Dualie Rears.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Running into a major jamb, trying to figger some shit out here now, on that old motor home....deal is....trying to change rear wheels/tires around to something more modern than them old junk split rims/suicide rims....so that means due to age on the brake drums, there is about a 1" interferance on the newer style rims to the brake drum.....so it won't slide all the way home the way it was before.....so the question is....I see 1" spacers on some trucks, between wheels and against the drums....

I have to assume that wheels on these things are HUB centric, not stud centric....from the way it looks, anyway....anyone have any good info on that??

if they are, I can use one of them 1" steel spacers behind the inner rim to space it off the drum, then slam the other rim on there, and bolt them down...

it's the 4.5" inner diameter and 6.5" on center 8 bolt pattern using 5/8 studs....

anyone??

thanks....

:bonkers:

I assume you're talking about the 1 ton rears.

They came in 2 widths, 1 for the dually pickups and the narrower for the cab chassis. The cab chassis rears also came in 3 different weight ratings.
All the rims that I know of are interchangeable unless it's the very new ones.
I switched from 16.5 to 16" rims. They wanted and arm and leg for just rims, so I ended up getting a complete truck for $100.00 with a 12000# Ramsey electric winch amd a complete PTO setup from the tranny. Sold the rear end for $250.00, in a better economy, it was worth a grand easy.

The rims are definately hub centric. Don't be too worried about the split rims, they're not that bad. Wait for a deal on new ones make sure they are 16", cheaper tires, better load rating choices and balance a lot better.

Times 6 adds up in a hurry. :hissyfit:

Here's some info I had saved for the one ton. These are what I have, I think.

1062 is the Hollander interchange number
They were used on a lot of GM trucks - Here are a few of them:

All C/P/G300 Dual 76'-87'
All C/P/G300 88'-00'
1 Ton P3500 Dual 76'-87'
1 Ton P3500 Dual 88'-00'
1 Ton P30 Dual 76'-00'
1 Ton K3500 4x4, Dual 76'-87'
1 Ton K30 4x4, Dual 76'-87'
1 Ton K30 4x4, Dual 88'-00'
1 Ton K3500 4x4, Dual 88'-00'
1 Ton G30 Dual 76'-96'
1 Ton G30 Dual 97'-00'

Hub-Piloted Dual-Mounting
Use Clamping Plate w/90° Cone Nuts
8-Hole, 6½" Bolt Circle, 4.56" Bore
(3/4 , 1 Ton, Chevrolet or GMC Typical)

Wheel Size 16 x 6K

Rim Type 5o DC

Part Number #29587

Hand Holes 4

Wheel Offset .308"

Disc 5.00

Valve Hole Dia. .453"

Recommended
Valve TR600HP

Approx.
Wt. (lbs) 35lbs

Maximum
Load & Infl.
(lbs) - (psi) 2440 – 80

Thanks Noonie, that is the info that backs up my actions yesterday.....

got NO idea how frustrating it was for 3 hours getting proper rims outta a junkyard the thing is, the locals here balk at messing with split rims, and so the thoughts were voiced that if on the road...I would run into the same attitude, making life more difficult...so a hundred bux later I got 4 matching rims....already had two of them, got some good used tired from a buddy up north, and it's on the road soon enough....I need to replace all the wheel studs because they are too short, I found new studs at 2 bux each.....so to explore replacing them all without beating myself to death, have to find a press....

the steel spacers I have were on a heavy truck in the junkyard so being hub centric I have no issue with using them on the inside next to the brake drum, and using the conical bolt clamp ring everything seems to fit well....

GOD them rims are heavy , 1/4" steel throughout....:crutches: