New Mohawk Lift On Order

C6RAPTOR

Boy am I ever excited. :yahoo: After performing numerous MODS to my 05 on jack stands over the last four years I finally ordered a lift.
It took this long for more than one reason. Number 1 problem is always money. Number 2 I could not decide between a four post or two post lift. Number 3 my Corvette garage floor has too many cracks for a two post.
Ok, I got the money, I decided a two post was best for any work I needed to do, and I am getting my floor fixed.
Next I had to decide on what lift. I wanted a two post lift made in the USA. This narrowed it down quite a bit. I found that 90% of the lifts are made in China. Some of the lift companies have USA in the name of the company but are built in China. Low and behold two weeks ago I found in my search for a lift, Mohawk Resources LTD. Mohawk lifts are built in Amsterdam NY. I live in Ontario NY.
Amsterdam is about a three hour trip from home so I emailed Mohawk and asked to see a lift. The owner of the company emailed me back and invited me to the factory. He said that they do not have a show room but many customers come to see how the lifts are built at the factory. I drove to Amsterdam and the owner gave me a tour of the plant. Amsterdam NY is a small town on the Mohawk River. This Mohawk lift is built out of 3/4 inch steel and the motors & hydraulics are all USA name brand hardware. The anchoring plate is about three feet long has 7 or 8 bolts holding it to the floor. This is one heavy duty lift. I was so impressed that the next day I decided to order. I sould have the lift in about a month. They are made to order. I found out that who ever does the work on the pres's limo just ordered a 20K lift from Mohawk for the new limo.
More MODS to come!!!! Now I am back to Number 1 problem.

20,000 lbs lift, not bad, lift a bus with that thing....nice to have a place to put it.....

wish I had use of it right now....getting ready to change wheels/tires on Jed's Clamper...my old camper project with dualie axle.......:crutches:

20,000 lbs lift, not bad, lift a bus with that thing....nice to have a place to put it.....

wish I had use of it right now....getting ready to change wheels/tires on Jed's Clamper...my old camper project with dualie axle.......:crutches:

The lift I ordered is 7000 Lb. The new limo for the pres must have thick doors & glass.

The lift I ordered is 7000 Lb. The new limo for the pres must have thick doors & glass.

Years ago, a buddy saw under the hood on one of them, it was a engine like he never saw before....they wouldn't talk of it....

lets just say it's 'special'......

:devil: