81 custom interior progress

zZArAZz

Hiyas,
I made some progress on my 81. I am on the tail end of a complete rewiring of the whole car using my painless fuse box.(Plus a small fortune in connectors and relays) I covered the whole interior with voodoo sound mat and got my stereo hooked up. It sounds great!
I also completed most of the dash pieces and covered them with padding and some very nice black vinyl. Used some 16th aluminum and brushed it with 220for the accents. I am very pleased with how it came out.
Here is a video and some pics, they are kind of too dark to see the kick panels..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjOrtOi-Noo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjOrtOi-Noo[/ame]

70683927.jpg

32959933.jpg

90133148.jpg

12426410.jpg

60003296.jpg

98972410.jpg

63253959.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!! Very, very nice. It amazes me the tallents that show on this site. That interior really looks good, and it certainly shows the effort that's been put into it! I especially like the gauge cluster, and the shifter set up. When do you expect to be finished? Are you planning on bringing the car to the Turkey Run in Daytona this year??

Awesome Car!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Thats some great creativity .You Should be proud of yourself! Great job :drink:

Wow!! Very, very nice. It amazes me the tallents that show on this site. That interior really looks good, and it certainly shows the effort that's been put into it! I especially like the gauge cluster, and the shifter set up. When do you expect to be finished? Are you planning on bringing the car to the Turkey Run in Daytona this year??

Thank you very much. A huge chunk of my life went into this interior. It feels great to show it and have the work I have done appreciated. In the next few weeks I hope to be able to take it for a ride but it will not be finished and driven anywhere far for a few years. I decided on getting the new TCI 6 speed with the paddle shifters and I purchased the 4 link bracket kit and was planning on doing a solid axle but I am still on the fence. I would like to apply large amounts of torque to the rear wheels from a dead stop but I also want to be able to cruise at 150+ around a turn. Was considering finding someone to build me a fabricated batwing and going with a custom 6 link rear setup. I also plan to flare it and put wide tires and new wheels on it and paint it a deep metallic copper with some grey and black flames when it is all done. I started this rebuild about 9 years ago heh.. Would love to make the Turkey run but realisticly it will probably be 2011 by the time I am ready. Not in a hurry, just want it to be right! :beer:

Thank you very much. A huge chunk of my life went into this interior. It feels great to show it and have the work I have done appreciated. In the next few weeks I hope to be able to take it for a ride but it will not be finished and driven anywhere far for a few years. I decided on getting the new TCI 6 speed with the paddle shifters and I purchased the 4 link bracket kit and was planning on doing a solid axle but I am still on the fence. I would like to apply large amounts of torque to the rear wheels from a dead stop but I also want to be able to cruise at 150+ around a turn. Was considering finding someone to build me a fabricated batwing and going with a custom 6 link rear setup. I also plan to flare it and put wide tires and new wheels on it and paint it a deep metallic copper with some grey and black flames when it is all done. I started this rebuild about 9 years ago heh.. Would love to make the Turkey run but realisticly it will probably be 2011 by the time I am ready. Not in a hurry, just want it to be right! :beer:

The dedication certainly shows! Sounds like it's going to be incredible. I have to be careful of "whileimatititis", while I'm doing my project, but my goals are a bit different than yours. I'm after a reliable daily driver that can basically hold it's own on the street and cruise all day at high speeds, still handle well and be comfortable for long trips. Kind of a "Pro Touring" thing that'll set you back in the seat!! I should have it back on the road in time for the Turkey Run (that's the goal), but some interior stuff, sound system, late model seats and the like won't be done by then.