Fuel Tank Mount on Chassis-C3

phantomjock

Well, I progress slowly, but the chassis is all POR-15'd (BLACK), and now ready to mount the Fuel tank (also painted - Silver). I've been checking all the books,and I see an "Anti-Squeak" pad/strip is used under the tank on the forward crossmember and the aft-most chassis crossmember. BUT -- no mention of a part number or material spec.

So, What is everyone using?

I was thinking a strip of neoprene might be good, closed cell soft some compression, black. Or, maybe some cork gasket material -- but have seen that harden over time due to exposure, then get stiff -- and maybe squeak.

IDEAS? Thanks in advance - and,
Cheers - Jim

I always replace that roofing type crap with rubber and use windshield adhesive to stick it on there. Rubber won't hold water like the stock stuff does.

I believe the stock material was just plain roofing felt. You know, the underlayment for roof shingles. I used a strip of rubber roofing material left from a flat roof job.

I found a suitible replacement at the home stores. Will post a pic later today - its "Wall Edging". Black rubber (also white, grey and tan), about 4 inches wide and 40 long. Its in the flooring section. Cuts easy with a pair of shears, lays flat, has a turned up lip on one edge/side to hold in place. Rubber product and cheap as chips! Cost less than 3 bucks!

Thanks for all the help guys!
Cheers - Jim