I'll call it The Phoenix...

moose5.7

I had slowly been building my 84 Crossfire Corvette for over a year now. There was an electrical fire under the dash that ruined all the electrical and heat\AC stuff and computer controlls. I have now gutted the intire dash and am starting from scratch. we dont have emmision inspections where I live (yet) so I'm planning on putting a naaassstyyy cam in the L83, Victor Jr intake, and a 750 holley and stick it all out thru the hood for all to see. I want to make a custom fiberglass dash and fab up a 10 point roll cage. I also plan on replacing the Dana36 with a f*rd 9 inch solid axel. I want to run this car in the 10 second index, and make it just legal enough to be able to drive it to the store for a pack of smokes. I'll call it The Phoenix cause it will rise from the flames. :twitch:

Ouch a fire, that's bad. What are you doing with the dash? Rebuild to stock or aftermarket gauges? Since no CFI means half the displays won't work...I'd go aftermarket.

Ouch a fire, that's bad. What are you doing with the dash? Rebuild to stock or aftermarket gauges? Since no CFI means half the displays won't work...I'd go aftermarket.

I'm gonna make a new dash out of fiberglass. Nothing fancy just something to put gauges and switches on. There wasn't enough left of the old dash to salvage. Here's a few pix of what I'got done since it was gutted.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-16.jpg

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-17.jpg

You're doing a great job with your vette:thumbs::thumbs:

Got some work done. Motor runs now too.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqZynF03Mg[/ame]
utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-39.jpg
S6300834.jpg
utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-29.jpg
utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-48.jpg
utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-47.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds pretty good. Like the dash job.

Thanx. The audio in the vid doesnt do the cam justice though. Right now it only has open headers with turndowns. TOO LOUD!!! I'm gonna run 3'' dualls out to the back and install a pair of chambered mufflers where the tire carrier used to be. The mufflers will have dual outlets that I will attach chrome tips to. Have the four tips in the center like a C5-C6.

Working on making custom door panels now. Then it will be time for carpet. I also have in the back of my head removing the rear glass and making a deck lid, give it a roadster look.