Monospring Recommendation for 70 BB

68/70Vette

Generating the torque will be a 502 BB, a 5 speed Richmond. The weight will be about 3200-3300 lbs. (all aluminum BB, Coupe body).

I'm looking at the 360 lb/in and 420 lb/in VBP monospring? Suggestions as to which one I should buy? I plan to ask VBP to shorten the spring. Should I ask for 1/2 inch per side?

I'll be populating the rear suspension with Toms stuff. I already have a pair of Tom's offset trailing arms. Anyone have a beafed up rear suspension set up that they think is a good idea?

Thanks

Why not go with the dual-mount? Then you can change the spring rate to suit you at any time, as well as delete the sway bar.

I temporarily forgot about the dual-mount option. Certainly would be willing to consider it. Is making the rear suspension a little more complicated an issue? Recommendations?

I wasn't planning on using a sway bar anyhow. I think that as a worst case situation, lack of a sway bar tends to add to understeer which is Ok for me. (freeway driving, lane changing) Also, Tom's Offset trailing arms don't have provisions for sway bars.