another new toy - '93 Mustang

MYBAD79

I've been looking for a daily driver that has a bigger trunk than my C6, gets somewhat good gas mileage and is cheap.... I realized I don't really like minivans or station wagons so I got this:

214ace9a850e384.jpg

Stock engine, 2.3L 4cyl with a 5spd, manual rack and pinion conversion, 5 lug spindles, 4 wheel disc conversion and it's got a upgraded rear end with 3.73 gears.

It also came with a tow hitch and a aftermarket hood - I'll post pics of the hood once it's painted in body color, it's purple with green stripes right now :sick::sick:

It also came with a tow hitch and a aftermarket hood - I'll post pics of the hood once it's painted in body color, it's purple with green stripes right now :sick::sick:

Congrats on your new car.:thumbs:

BEFORE YOU PAINT YOUR HOOD CONSIDER THIS.........

You'll get a whole lot of attention using it as a DD:amused:

Bigger trunk how useful :D ;)

Time to hotrod that puppy...it needs a big supercharger!! you know it does LOL

Is that the same 2.3 liter was used in 80's T-birds? Put a turbo on that bitch! A guy close to me is making 400hp with one of those.

BEFORE YOU PAINT YOUR HOOD CONSIDER THIS.........

You'll get a whole lot of attention using it as a DD:amused:

I couldn't take it anymore, the hood was too embarrassing ... I spray bombed it yesterday, here's why:

214acf2fe275d0a.jpg

Is that the same 2.3 liter was used in 80's T-birds? Put a turbo on that bitch! A guy close to me is making 400hp with one of those.

I second the turbo movement. I would also like to request pictures of the nasty hood prior to paint. That's got to be a good laugh :D

Hey, the brokeback guys rode horses too...mustangs perhaps? LOL :rofl:

Agreed it is better. However, is that the purple bleeding through or is that how the sunlight reflects off the paint?

Must be the photo... it looks ok in person. Here's another photo at a different angle:

214ad283815826f.jpg

I think it turned out great for what it is... I scuffed the front fenders, hood and bumper with 320 grit wet, then I sprayed the green stripes with flat black rattle can paint ...LOL.... then I sprayed the hood with DupliColor rattle can paint and then did most of the front to blend it in.... took 3 rattle cans and some leftover clear. That clearcoat is PPG shopline but that stuff is more than a year old, I had no idea if the activator was still good but apparently it is.... it took me less than 5 hours to do the entire front section including wet sanding the yellow headlights and clear coating those.... quick and cheap....

214ad28537efd2d.jpg

hmmm... I still have to do the doors, roof, trunk and rear bumper....

it does get 20mpg in the city easy :1st:

I've never seen the temp gauge above 160*.... probably does not have a thermostat installed... more stuff to inspect and fix.... :search:

I see this coming- first time you jump on the gas and nothing happens you'll start figuring how to drop an LS-3 in that thing.