The Journey Begins

Ozzy

I have been wanting to do a wide body or flared shark for some time.
This last friday I bought the start of a giant money hole, a 1980 shark !

I was only interested in the body but when the deal was made I ended up with the engine and trans too.
It began as an L82/auto and currently has some small block in it with a Holley manifold, edelbrock carb,roller rockers,alum pulleys, chrome alt and oil pan, a unknown " cam", long tube headers, Dewitt radiator, a high torque starter, Holley fuel pump and who knows what else.(reportedly has under 10 miles on the combo). Also has a 12 gallon RCI fuel cell
Front has new drilled rotors. Interior is gone, has a 4 point roll bar welded to frame.
Frame and bird cage appear to be in good condition. (San Antonio car, hasnt seen much road salt or wet weather)
$1300 and it's now mine.
Rented a uhaul trailer and borrowed my daughters 4Runner and towed it back to Dallas and stored it in her garage until I get down that way with my Ram to bring it home.

Sharkgoinghome.jpg

Next spring I will be headed south to bring it home and get busy working on it.

In the meantime I will spend this winter working on my wifes '65 Mustang restorod.

Last edited:
What are your plans for the car? Street/strip? You have some work ahead of you :twitch: :gurney:

Take plenty of pics for us :thumbs:

Just a street car to take to the local shows and such.
Thinking of a street version of a road race C3 of the late 70's early 80's.

Looks like a good car to play with! Sounds like it's gonna be a very cool project.:cool:

AHH, a MONEY pit.....:D:crutches: sounds like FUN to me.....

and so it seems that color scheme looks familiar to me from daze gawn past....but no clear recollection from where....

:bonkers: