Tube forming tool?

Corvettes White

What is the tool called that puts the ridge in the tube? Anyone have one that can turn a few for me down here in SoCal? Thanks in advance. George

Attachments

• misc 121b.JPG
    misc 121b.JPG
    411 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Now that I know what it is called, just neet to put a rolled end on two 5/8" dia stainless steel tubes. Building a hard line for our C5's smog system. Anyone know a shop that can do this or has a tool at home? Even Canada is too far to drive. Thanks in advance, George.

You can't do 5/8th with a normal metal fab style bead roller, you need a special type tool called a tube beader. Aircraftspruce sells whatever you need. Parker, Imperial-Eastman Ridgid...they have what you need.

parkerbead.jpg

TT Thanks for the info. Aircraft Spruce is in Corona, California about 50km from my home. Only need to turn a few tubes so will first look to find a shop that can do it for me. Then if not I will bite the bullet and buy one. Best regards, George

Last edited:
I have a decent double flaring tool that does for most line sizes, and so have managed to just put a very slight flare on the end of most tubing, then file down the sharp edge, slip hose over it, and use clamps as necessary....

but obviously not for O ring installs/etc....