C3 p/s pump switch to serpentine pulley?

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Down the road I'd like to put a serpentine system on my '69. I'm trying to retain the present accessories, and only change the pulleys. I realize I'll have to make some minor tweaks to the brackets, as I haven't seen an off the shelf conversion I like so far. I haven't had the opportunity to look at a later pump to see what the shaft diameter/configuration is, so I don't know if a later pulley can be swapped over. Any ideas or thoughts? GM pulleys are preferred, as I'm trying for a "stock" appearance, and bling isn't a consideration.

Thanks,
Mike

There is no room for the built in egg shaped fluid tank on the pump with a '88+ setup, so the remote tank was used, at first mine was mounted on the cross support using '88 hardware, I used the new pump with pulley, so I doubt you going to be able to use your old pump setup at all, I did switch over the regulator/valve setup, and unwittingly saved a possible complaint of not enough feel on the rack steering I went to later on....

:beer:

The C4 pumps have a separate reservoir, 85 and later ones bolt to the support crossmember, the 84 one bolt to the pump bracket itself. Only problem I see is those pumps are for a R&P, might have too little flow resulting in pump catch.

88+ F bodies have a normal style pump w/ serpentine pulley and the pump in the reservoir. That one would most likely be your best bet. 87 and earlier F bodies have serpentine for the alt only and V belts for p.st. and ac.

Your 69 pump has the same bolt pattern as the later pumps. Early pumps are a keyway shaft and later serpentine pumps are press on. I think the shaft is 3/4 dia.

Your 69 pump has the same bolt pattern as the later pumps. Early pumps are a keyway shaft and later serpentine pumps are press on. I think the shaft is 3/4 dia.

Okay, sounds interesting, but I'm still a bit unclear. Can you give me a little more details, or what vehicles (later C3?) I might take a peek at?
(I'm running a C4 type rack on the car, and the stock pump is working well with this.)

Thanks Larry!