source for MC brake line adapters

msn71bb

I am plumbing a big brake kit (Wilwood mastercylinder and calipers, 13" Coleman rotor on VB aluminum hub) with a recirculation set-up and adjustable proportioning valve. My problem is finding adapters for the flow valves and proportioning valve which are female 1/8 NPT ports. The rear brake line fitting appears to be 9/16 - 18 UNF and the front MC line is 1/2 - 20 UNF. My local large autoparts store only have 3/16" line inverted flares to 1/8 NPT. My initial internet searches have been no better. I am getting thoroughly confused trying to decipher the correct naming convention and part descriptions. Any helpful tips or sites?

Last edited:
Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

Sorry I can't help you, but someone smart will be along shortly, i'm sure....

:beer:

1/8 female NPT? Sounds pretty much impossible to me. Wilwood stuff and most of the recirculator valves all use 1/8 male NPT. adapters (yes the hole is 1/8 npt, can be described as female but a hole usually is LOL) Do you have a DPI sure stop?

Sorry if my message was unclear, the proportion valve (SSBC) and recirc flow valves (Wilwood) are 1/8" NPT ports, so I need 1/8" male NPT adapters that will mate to the stock sized Corvette MC lines (9/16"-18 UNF, 1/2"-20 UNF).