C4 Prototype dash found at Funfest?

SCCA VETTE

I found this dash in the sale parts at Funfest this year. I was told it was a prototype they were testing to replace the digital dash. I am not sure who would actually want one BUT I thought it was a cool conversation piece so I bought it. Here is a pic.
DSC05060.jpg

I don't think it's what they told you it was, the backup dash for the 84 was one with round analog dials. I have a pic somewhere of it but need to look for it I know it's on display at the corvette museum.Being that it's a metric dash I think it's out of an opel kadett

Found the C4 gauges:

dash.jpg

I don't think it's what they told you it was, the backup dash for the 84 was one with round analog dials. I have a pic somewhere of it but need to look for it I know it's on display at the corvette museum.Being that it's a metric dash I think it's out of an opel kadett

Found the C4 gauges:

dash.jpg

It was not the backup for production, as I understand it Mid America was looking into making some options to replace the digi dashes in the recent years and this was one unit for testing.

Where is the cutout for the steering column then? With the grid lines, it sure looks like something out of an old Kadett....

Where is the cutout for the steering column then? With the grid lines, it sure looks like something out of an old Kadett....

Beats me? I was just going off what the guy told me. He said he was one that worked on the program. I am not familuar with a Kadett??

It does have Valthree (not sure if spelled correct, not looking it it) on the face of the gauges

Having fixed the dash twice in my '87, and looking at all that custom shit, and knowing electronics well enough, it was yet another nail in the coffin, as to why I sold the car....

:shocking::beer:

MYSTERY SOLVED!

I took the thing apart and found the name "Veethree" on the gauges. I did a google search and found what this thing is. It seems to be a cluster that you can buy off the shelf from that company and according to their website it fits "ITM TRUCK" below is a link to the webpage.

http://www.veethree.com/clusters.html

I have a feeling this one was a demo though and not just bought off the shelf. It has a sticker on the speedo face that says "speedo ratio 1:0.935" along with a blue label from a label machine that says the same on the front of the bezel.

I am still :crazy: on what they were trying to do with it.