well here it is

brngrhd

street strip 69 vette

vette144.jpg

468 4 bolt bbc, dart pro-1 310 runner heads, 9.97:1 compression, forged diamond ceramic coated pistons, forged eagle h beam rods, forged scat crank, arp head and main studs 229 236 @50 .640 lift 112 las cam factory 435hp tri-power with mechanical linkage, NOS tri-power nitrous plates, MSD digital 6 box, summit dual 12 inch fans, stewart stage 2 water pump, stewart 180* thermo, dewitts alum rad, areomotive A1000 pump, areomotive regulator, sumped stock tank. th400 built with jw ultra bell, PTC 3000 stall nitrous converter, 1350 joints front and rear on a custom drive shaft.

vette145.jpg

Scan10001.jpg

Scan10002.jpg

Scan10004.jpg

IMG_0441-1.jpg

vette016.jpg

IMG_0405a.jpg

autofab 4 link, with nine inch rear, fab housing, S series center section, detroit locker, 35 spline axles, 3.25 gears, 325 wide BFG drag radial, willwood rear brakes.

vette007a.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

yes this is a 2X4 behind the tire.

two years lots of hard work and too much money and the car went from this

Picture516.jpg

to this

vette144.jpg

vette142.jpg

vette006-1.jpg

[ame=http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff28/brngrhd/vette/?action=view&current=vette147.flv]th_vette147.jpg[/ame]

still lots to do and a bunch of tuning to but it runs drives and goes pretty good.

Very nice! I'm liking that auto fab third member. I'd like to hear about how it hooks and ET when you get around to it. Good luck and have fun!

it hooks very well from a 10-15mph roll if the tires are warm and sticky it really does not spin much at all more of a hazing.... from a stand still you can foot brake it to 2000-2500ish and it will spin almost threw first but hook at about 5200 could be when the tires get warm enough idk...... im sure if i had less tire more gear more converter more power it would be stupid LOL but all i can say is on the street it leaves really really well. granted there is more left in the combo still tuning.

It is good to hear it hooks well. I was thinking with the power you are making it might just light up the street tires. Did you do the third member install yourself? If yes, was it as straight forward as I have heard?

It is good to hear it hooks well. I was thinking with the power you are making it might just light up the street tires. Did you do the third member install yourself? If yes, was it as straight forward as I have heard?

i did do the install myself and i got the rear end and all brackets right from autofab the rear end was all assembled and i had to install the brackets on the car... is was super easy about as bolt in as could be.

well i took it to the rollers it felt good off the line but did not have the top end pull i was thinking it should..... i was right

steverun7.jpg

the numbers falling so fast at 47-4800 that i knew soemthing was holding it back same timing same jetting tried it both with and with out the air cleaner that made a small change but not in the curve..... on the engine dyno my held on to torque well and hp was on the rise.... the only thing that changes was the exhaust so i pulled the baffles from my hooker headers and found this

vette153.jpg

vette151.jpg

how the hell is 600hp going to breath through this? I did like the sound but can't live with the power loss..... took the baffles out and started the car again man it sounds great a bit to loud to drive on the street.... the throttle responce was even better too.
[ame=http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff28/brngrhd/vette/?action=view&current=vette154.flv]th_vette154.jpg[/ame]

so today i sent off the payment for me STS baffles. I will be going back to the dyno and getting all three pulls original baffles, open headers, and STS baffles..... does anyone know if the cut is easly removed and reinstalled? or once it is removed does it need to be welded back on? i may play a little bit on the dyno with the cap too. also can anyone tell me what the original baffles are?

so today i sent off the payment for me STS baffles. I will be going back to the dyno and getting all three pulls original baffles, open headers, and STS baffles..... does anyone know if the cut is easly removed and reinstalled? or once it is removed does it need to be welded back on? i may play a little bit on the dyno with the cap too. also can anyone tell me what the original baffles are?

The caps are tack welded on. you should be able to get them off cleanly with a cutoff wheel if you are careful. They will need to welded back on.
The old mufflers look like hooker reverse flows.
The car looks like it will be a serious performer on the streets and track. :cool:

Looking good, can't wait to see the dyno comparisons. I thought your exhaust was a little quiet for 579hp but the no baffle video was excellent.

Rob

well i got it dynoed but still have to get the sheets.... open headers two pulls 393 and 391 sts baffles with 3/4 inch hole 350ish with 1-1/4 hole first pull with 160 water temp 392 then with 180-200 temp is was making 388

ANother thing you might look at is just drilling the caps on the STS baffles. I drilled 4 holes in mine- each 1/2" and overlapping like a cloverleaf. But I've kind of decided heck with it. I'm thinking about pulling the baffles and running them open. I'tll be interesting to see exactly what the dyno says about the differences in the exhaust. I bet open is going to be best.

well i got it dynoed but still have to get the sheets.... open headers two pulls 393 and 391 sts baffles with 3/4 inch hole 350ish with 1-1/4 hole first pull with 160 water temp 392 then with 180-200 temp is was making 388

ANother thing you might look at is just drilling the caps on the STS baffles. I drilled 4 holes in mine- each 1/2" and overlapping like a cloverleaf. But I've kind of decided heck with it. I'm thinking about pulling the baffles and running them open. I'tll be interesting to see exactly what the dyno says about the differences in the exhaust. I bet open is going to be best.

did that open was not really that much difference well it was loud as hell LOL

did that open was not really that much difference well it was loud as hell LOL

I paid attention to the owner/founder of Schoenfeld headers when he told me on the phone.....'putting ANY long/stock length pipe behind any header, let alone any muffler, will kill the gains provided by the header'....

I bought a set of his headers anyway, because they fit/clear the crap on my car....and are light weight....

but given that comment, from a header maker that stood to loose a sale from saying that 'truth as he saw it'......well....

:hunter::smash::eek:

I paid attention to the owner/founder of Schoenfeld headers when he told me on the phone.....'putting ANY long/stock length pipe behind any header, let alone any muffler, will kill the gains provided by the header'....

I bought a set of his headers anyway, because they fit/clear the crap on my car....and are light weight....

but given that comment, from a header maker that stood to loose a sale from saying that 'truth as he saw it'......well....

?? so you telling me that the numbers i saw on the dyno with in a about an hour means nothing? i did all the dynoing and tuning granted i did not tune it with the open pipes and there could be more power there with more tuning but......

so this year I have been working on the new combo..... holley strip dominator, HP950, and Wilson fogger.

vette166.jpg

vette164.jpg

vette162.jpg

It runs better like this then it did with the old tri-power

Here is the new tires

vette001.jpg

the lastest engine pic

vette004-1.jpg

and what is going behind the seat

vette005-1.jpg

?? so you telling me that the numbers i saw on the dyno with in a about an hour means nothing? i did all the dynoing and tuning granted i did not tune it with the open pipes and there could be more power there with more tuning but......

Sorry I missed your earlier reply man, all I know is the man's comment...that's it, personally I left the track in the late 60's....just return as an assistant or spectator once in a blue moon....
but his comment does make sense in a way, if fighting back pressures...and ME having some experineces in stereo loudspeaker designs...I can believe the comment...resonance and all that, from HVAC guys, learning about airflow restrictions and tubing bends....

interesting topic anyway...

:nuts: