84 crossfire need help aftermarket cam

davidd

i got an 1984 corvette it runs great . i got an k&n filter and put in ngk iridem
plugs these are all the upgrades so far. dont laugh if only had the car two
weeks. i want to keep the stock computer maybe chip it with hyper tek thermo but i want to change the cam has any one done this and still got
there car to idle and run good with the stock computer if so what cam and
did you have to change the liffters too . i know you can run any cam you want if you tune the car but i dont want to becuse there is no shop for
500 miles where i live that can tune my car and i dont want to change my ecu to tbi or tpi

You're going to want what was advertised as a compucam 2030 or 2040, the 2050 has a little lope. Too much overlap will upset your MAP readings @ idle.

With a new cam you change the lifters, although the stock ones are very nice lifters w hardened foot. They can be dressed if not concave but just get new ones. No one makes the hardened foot style lifters anymore (sadly)

Go with one of those cams listed in previous post and get some decent heads and their is a new intake manifold being made by "Dynamic Crossfire Solutions" called the "Renegade" they claim 33 hp and 16lb/ft of torque over the stock intake manifold. That 33 rear wheel HP = 42 HP at the flywheel. Should help your thirst for power a little bit. The intake should be finished by the end of September.