Vette Mod Member on the track!

SCCA VETTE

I took a video of a fellow Vette Mod member running a local event. I will let you guess who it is!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI-VAZu_d8Y[/ame]

Understeered like a pig! I liked the handling at the track day in July, but I had a bit more body lean than I liked, so for this event I bumped up the front bar size (15/16 --> 1.125") to stiffen up the roll resistance. (I hadn't had time to source/build a custom rear bar yet.) I pretty much had to dirt-track it around most of the corners at this event. At moderate throttle, the front would just plow, so I had to use a bunch of throttle to keep swinging the rear around. The up side was that the C4 rear suspension was a bunch easier to modulate than the previous C3 suspension, and the sliding felt controlled most of the time.
I started out the event on my street BFG T/As. They're slippery as hell (400 treadwear rating), but would let me find the personality of the suspension at a slower speed. I brought my Hoosiers to the event, but after finding that I was going to have to slide around most of the corners, I decided to keep running the cheaper Goodrich tires for the remainder of the event.
Despite having to manhandle the car each run, I had a good time. I used to be president of (one of the two) club(s) putting on the event, and I towed up to Indiana mainly to see some good friends who were (and remain) a big part of my life.
Now that I've got the car back in the garage, I need to see what it will take to fabricate and install a rear bar. At the moment I have no idea what it's going to take to squeeze one in there.

Go to www.youtube.com and type in sccavette (no space) and it will pull up all my videos. There is 1 for about all your runs Saturday. You might have to filter through all the other videos and find them. Wish I would have made it back Sunday however we had a bit of a car accident and it was just a all around BAD day.

Go to www.youtube.com and type in sccavette (no space) and it will pull up all my videos. There is 1 for about all your runs Saturday. You might have to filter through all the other videos and find them. Wish I would have made it back Sunday however we had a bit of a car accident and it was just a all around BAD day.

Hey, what happened? Drop me a PM or something.

Is this at Grissom? Are you guys going back there any more this year?

Are you refering to an accident that happened on the track, near the finish?

Is this at Grissom? Are you guys going back there any more this year?

Are you refering to an accident that happened on the track, near the finish?

Yup, this is Grissom. I believe there are (at least) two more events there this fall.

I had to leave early Sunday, so I missed the finish line accident. I expect there's going to be some expense tallied up with all the items that got impacted.
I'm trying to understand if Phil (SCCAVETTE) had some problems of his own back in town. ?????????

I was kicking the idea around of coming down there for the Oct. 24-25 weekend. Let me know if you guys plan on being there.

I was kicking the idea around of coming down there for the Oct. 24-25 weekend. Let me know if you guys plan on being there.

I towed up from Florida for that event. I used to live in Kokomo, and towed up for the event, and to visit with friends. I doubt if I'll be there for the October events, but if the opportunity presented itself I'd like to go again.

No it was not me that had a accident at the race?? What did I miss?? I seen a couple close calls on Saturday. Hope i was nothing too serious!

I was in a accident on the street in a friends truck I was going to use to trailer the car. A guy decided not to stop at a stop light and plowed into the side of the truck. Pretty much made a BAD day!!

No it was not me that had a accident at the race?? What did I miss?? I seen a couple close calls on Saturday. Hope i was nothing too serious!

I was in a accident on the street in a friends truck I was going to use to trailer the car. A guy decided not to stop at a stop light and plowed into the side of the truck. Pretty much made a BAD day!!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'm darn glad you weren't seriously hurt!
Regarding the Sunday accident, a guy was hot dogging it through the last chicane before the finish lights and lost it. Slid into the timing trailer where Mike was running the computer, and Bob's wife Karen was in there dealing with the time sheet stickers. They got bounced around in the trailer during the impact. Took Karen to the hospital by ambulance for x-rays and stuff. She got some bruises and had to miss some work the next week.
I'm told the event was officially over after this.
I'm also told it was a borrowed C6, as the guy had broken his car early on Saturday. (I think you probably know which car it was that broke.)

WOW! I have to say I am not suprised after what I was seeing Saturday. There were a few that were going WAY to hard through that chicane and it was way too close to a lot of things including the trailer to try and push it through there. There were also a couple close calls where the cars finished and the cars started.

I am glad Mike and Karen were OK! As tight as that area was it could have been really bad.