Remember Pontiac Super Stock daze???

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
I had a set of them long IRON boat anchor Poncho GM Factory headers on my '61 Catalina 2 dr hardtop with that large bubble window in back....

they were available in ALUMINUM of all the metals, freeking ALUMINUM, and of course they all melted....but they DID come from GM, I would suppose a set of them today is rare as hell....

I had the removable caps on the ends, kind of what would be called a factory 'Lakes pipe'....

to US, all that was, was a piece of water pipe with a screw cap end on it....unscrew it and well, just a tad noisey.....we used to run out to the country farms and scare HELL outta the cows with it...

:lol::lol:

And I thought you were gonna' have a thread about Arnie "The Farmer" Beswick!

A name from the past, for sure, the 'Pontiac clan' at the track used to be all 'UP' when he breezed through.....

I remember there was a fellow named Joe Perzan, ran a '60 BONNEVILLE wagon with the tail gate down, back when a Castler slick was the best affordable tire going....recaps....~7" wide....that Bonne would pull the wheels, he had a 421 in it, I"m sure....he was the guy who held my hand over modding the valve body in my 4 speed hydromatic in my '61, it has dual fluid couplings..... replaced the slim Jim that was in there....didn't they call that the roto hydro model 10??:huh:

I had a set of them long IRON boat anchor Poncho GM Factory headers on my '61 Catalina 2 dr hardtop with that large bubble window in back....

they were available in ALUMINUM of all the metals, freeking ALUMINUM, and of course they all melted....but they DID come from GM, I would suppose a set of them today is rare as hell....

I had the removable caps on the ends, kind of what would be called a factory 'Lakes pipe'....

to US, all that was, was a piece of water pipe with a screw cap end on it....unscrew it and well, just a tad noisey.....we used to run out to the country farms and scare HELL outta the cows with it...

When I was kid (yea once) an old drag racer told me how to tell what run before you;

If there was an ALUMINUM puddle it was a Pontiac:D

If there was an OIL puddle it was a FORD:suspicious:

If there was a pile of engine PARTS it was a CHEVY.:rofl:

Last edited:

A name from the past, for sure, the 'Pontiac clan' at the track used to be all 'UP' when he breezed through.....

I remember there was a fellow named Joe Perzan, ran a '60 BONNEVILLE wagon with the tail gate down, back when a Castler slick was the best affordable tire going....recaps....~7" wide....that Bonne would pull the wheels, he had a 421 in it, I"m sure....he was the guy who held my hand over modding the valve body in my 4 speed hydromatic in my '61, it has dual fluid couplings..... replaced the slim Jim that was in there....didn't they call that the roto hydro model 10??:huh:

The Pontiac name that comes to mind is JIM HAND.

When I was kid (yea once) an old drag racer told me how to tell what run before you;

If there was an ALUMINUM puddle it was a Pontiac:D

If there was an OIL puddle it was a FORD:suspicious:

If there was a pile of engine PARTS it was a CHEVY.:rofl:

:bonkers: OH Christ, that's Brutal......:rofl::rofl::hunter:

The Pontiac name that comes to mind is JIM HAND.

Arnie 'The Farmer' Bestwick.....

another local was Frank Cannaday....I bought my '61 from Don Rolf.....

I left the drags in '68-69 and never returned as a competitor....

except for some fun runs with a vette club type thing....

:rain: