AN wrench needed?

greg75vette

The Traffic Baron
Hey guys, I'm looking into my fuel system and plan on running braided stainless line from the tank to the fuel rails and plan on using AN fittings throughout.

Do I need to buy an AN fitting wrench or will any wrench work? Could I use my flare wrench set if the AN fitting is too soft for regular wrenches?

Hey guys, I'm looking into my fuel system and plan on running braided stainless line from the tank to the fuel rails and plan on using AN fittings throughout.

Do I need to buy an AN fitting wrench or will any wrench work? Could I use my flare wrench set if the AN fitting is too soft for regular wrenches?

any wrench will work, aluminum AN wrenches won`t scratch. someone on ebay is selling an aluminum monkey wrench....PS: if you or anyone else is interested I have quite a few extra brand new genuine Aeroquip hose ends available at 25% cheaper than Summit...NO hose just hose ends in sizes from -6 to -16. send a PM with a list.

Buy the separate wrenches, the monkey wrench is junk. Too sloppy and it will skip teeth when aplying a good amount of force (like required w/ Aeroquip & XRP fittings)

I didn't plan on buying an adjustable wrench because I never had any luck with them. But are the separate wrenches really worth it? I can live with a few scratches, but I would like to avoid damaging the connections. So if they are highly recommended, I'll spring for them, but I can think of better places to spend my money if they aren't neccessary.

I was advised years ago to buy the appropriate size chrome wrench from Snap-On as it wouldn't scratch. Haven't done so and I have alloy AN wrenches so choose for yourself how valid the advice was.

FWIW, I got it from a racer that sold the alloy wrenches, among other things...