hydraulic parking brake?

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
as we all know, the parking brake on the c2.5/c3's suck mule nuggets. i've been considering what my options were for a while but just the other day a potential solution fell into my lap, er, yard. a neighbor was throwing out this crappy little shifter cart and i picked it up. at first i thought about just putting a motor on it and having fun but the thing weighs a ton and has been cut/crashed and repair (not well, either) several times. after looking at it a little closer, the one thing that is good enough on it to salvage are these two wilwood disc brakes. the rotors are just about the perfect size to put on either the drive shaft or inboard on the half shafts. it also has the wilwood hydraulic master cylinder to go with it. the disks are about 8" diameter so i know if i do it correctly it will be about 14,493x better than the factory design.
only question is, will it work?

Last edited:
I would think that you would want to stay mechanical for a park brake. Possibly a drum on the driveshaft like some street rods do would be a good answerer.