Muncie vs super T10

vette

Is there much of a difference when it come to rebuilding the Muncie to a T10?
I have a ST10 I want to rebuild but can't find a DVD on the process. They have a Muncie DVD and I was wondering if the technique in rebuilding it similar?

Thanks,
Danny

My guess would be the latter. On CF he who pays 300$ a month can speak, the rest can shut up.

Well Paul does know his stuff no doubt, he runs his own site with forum as you know.

To answer the question they are similar to rebuild the ST-10 input bearing and main shaft removal are the trick. The muncies bearings are slip fit the ST-10 are pressed on. Remove the tail housing, then counter gear shaft front to back,remove woodruff key, drop the counter gear down,remove main shaft, remove input with bearing, remove bearing, rebuild. Be sure everything is correct before tapping the new bearing on, you only get one shot, removing it again will wreck it-been there!

Well Paul does know his stuff no doubt, he runs his own site with forum as you know.

To answer the question they are similar to rebuild the ST-10 input bearing and main shaft removal are the trick. The muncies bearings are slip fit the ST-10 are pressed on. Remove the tail housing, then counter gear shaft front to back,remove woodruff key, drop the counter gear down,remove main shaft, remove input with bearing, remove bearing, rebuild. Be sure everything is correct before tapping the new bearing on, you only get one shot, removing it again will wreck it-been there!

Thanks Gary, See ya at Carlisle.

Danny

I may have mentioned the guy that will be using my spare spot this year is a trans rebuilder, so between us we'll have boxes, T/A's, posi's, diff's IRS parts, u-joints and transmissions. Let's hope for nice weather,carlisle is usually too hot!

I may have mentioned the guy that will be using my spare spot this year is a trans rebuilder, so between us we'll have boxes, T/A's, posi's, diff's IRS parts, u-joints and transmissions. Let's hope for nice weather,carlisle is usually too hot!

Yes it is hot, but usually goes away after I see all those vettes :lol:

Danny

I remember one year the spring Carlisle was snowed 4" on, collapsing tents and really messing things up....think it first/second day of the show, and I went the day after,....MUD up to my asshole.....

screw the heat, just hope it don't RAIN on top of it, then 110f and 100%h will really cook gooses....

wish my sis still lived in Shippensburg just 30 miles down the pike I B more inclined to make the show and see old friends and daughter....