Formula One - the return of the king :-)

Dang, certainly not next race, Luca Badoer will drive...but I still have my hopes up that he will drive on a later date... stupid motorcycle accident :(

Details about his motorcycle crash surfaced...... broken bones in neck and skull as well as one of the arteries that supply the brain with blood got damaged... damn, he was better off in F1, that's safe compared to a 1000cc Fireblade....:sick::sick::sick:

what motorbike crash? who had it? havnt read anything about a bike crash, but formula 1 and the drivers dont get much of a mention in australia.... to boring to watch.

what motorbike crash? who had it? havnt read anything about a bike crash, but formula 1 and the drivers dont get much of a mention in australia.... to boring to watch.

Seven-time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher was injured in a motorcycle accident in the Spanish city of Cartagena.

Michael Schumacher had traded his passion for Formula One racing for the more simplistic and personal adrenaline inducing pleasure of Motorcycle riding. While testing competition bikes in Spain, the 7 time world champion car racer suffered an accident at the track while on a bike. Now, that same injury is causing the track superstar and international hero to quit Formula One racing

It's puzzling that Luca Badoer couldn't manage a decent qualifying lap. You would think that, being a test driver, he would have a good understanding of the limits of the car.

It's even more puzzling that Fisichella is doing poorly after putting the Force India on the pole the previous race.

It's puzzling that Luca Badoer couldn't manage a decent qualifying lap. You would think that, being a test driver, he would have a good understanding of the limits of the car.

It's even more puzzling that Fisichella is doing poorly after putting the Force India on the pole the previous race.

I honestly was surprised as well, but after I thought about it for a bit, it started to make sense.
For Badoer, I figured he would have a great feel for the car, however, how much testing did he really get in the car before the season started? Also, with the rule changes from '08 to '09, I'm sure the car felt very different. Also, with the allowance of the 'super diffusers' that also changed the cars dynamics drastically in-season, which I believe he would have had no experience with. I'm not sure what their goal is during testing, but I would assume good, solid, consistent, and clean laps are what are in order, not balls-to-the-wall. It may be more difficult than it seems to switch out of testing mode and into race mode. I also think he lacked the balls to really push it and didn't want to wreck the car at each race.

For Fis, some of the same arguments apply. The force india and ferrari chassis' I'm sure feel miles apart to a driver. There is probably a lot to get used to and let us not forget, without in-season testing, he can't tune the car any faster than the race calender. He had quite a few races with the FI chassis and now only a handful with Scuderia. It takes time to build your set up.

Does this excuse either one? No, I don't think so. I'm not really convinced either is/was any good, for F1 that is. But I do somewhat have an understanding of where they are coming from. I never expected them to hop in and take pole, but maybe some points would be nice. However, with Brawn barely making points, maybe they aren't doing all that bad.