Weekend project - new welding shop

bhays

I am about 50 hours into paint removal on the Vette and needed to take a break from the monotony

I wanted to reclaim the corner in my garage where all of my welding stuff is housed. Not shown in this picture was the four sheets of concrete backer board on the floor, etc. to be able to weld in there.. it really just wasn't practical.

0212070043.jpg

I have a storage shed in the back yard where I store Christmas decorations, etc. One end of it was only used to push the lawn mower in... so I decided to move the welding out there. Lined it with sheet metal and ran some new wiring, and good to go. I even siliconed around my outlets so an errant spark wouldn't get down inside the wall. It's a little tight on space, but I think it will work out just fine.

shed1.jpg

shed2.jpg

shed3.jpg

shed4.jpg

Looks great and it sure keeps the garage a lot cleaner. I've used my sandblaster inside once, never again ... I'm glad my blaster is portable (bench-top).
Nice welder :thumbs:

Nice shop. My garage looks like a storage area for crap.

Mine was heading that direction.. had to take the bull by the horns. I wish my skills matched my machines, but I am learning...

My big goal now, is to be able to work on my Vette project in terms of sanding, etc. without tons of dust since the garage is attached to the house... just bought this setup.. will report on how well it works.

http://www.dustcollectionproducts.com/

D1870-2.jpg
16003-2.jpg

shop vac and hoses I got, where did you find that sander?? and how much??

I got fugly looking kitchen ceiling I need sand that damn plaster texture off....

but hate trashing the house......lemme know how that works out man....

:crutches:

I got fugly looking kitchen ceiling I need sand that damn plaster texture off....

Well, the regular shop vac is going to belch a lot of dust back out, but would still be better than just letting the dust fly. The Oneida Dust Deputy is looking like a better solution than the bucket of water deal though... video is impressive anyway.

http://www.dustdeputy.com/

I bit on the dustless technologies setup and will let you know how it works.

Well, the regular shop vac is going to belch a lot of dust back out, but would still be better than just letting the dust fly. The Oneida Dust Deputy is looking like a better solution than the bucket of water deal though... video is impressive anyway.

http://www.dustdeputy.com/

I bit on the dustless technologies setup and will let you know how it works.

OH, I got plenty of hose, so to tape up the shop vac and stick one on the exhause fire it outdoors.....

it's is the SANDER I"m interested in....where/who/$$

:sweat: