dustless da conversion kit?

bhays

I am a hobbyist and working in my home attached garage. I have to do all sorts of work in there and I hate to get it totally dusty.

car.jpg

I have been doing all of my sanding outside, but tonight it's raining and I couldn't work. That got me to thinking about options. I ran across this dustless da conversion thing from a place called Eezer

da_1.jpg

Anyone ever used one of these with a shop vac? I am curious whether it would really work.

Last edited:
I have not seen them but I have seen a similar setup for sanding drywall. A crew was doing some drywall in our office and used them. I think they worked pretty good, not perfect but much better than with nothing.

I have a DA sander equipped with that and it certainly helps a lot. However, the vacuum with it is also a special one, it has a self cleaning filter bag (the vacuum blows off every now and then to clean the filter, collected dust drops down)

I have a DA sander equipped with that and it certainly helps a lot. However, the vacuum with it is also a special one, it has a self cleaning filter bag (the vacuum blows off every now and then to clean the filter, collected dust drops down)

Tell me more. What vacuum do you have?

Probably not available over there, Wurth/Master is most likely only sold here. Anyway, it's a vacuum specifically made for use with sanders and other dust generating tools that have a vacuum hose connection.

Probably not available over there, Wurth/Master is most likely only sold here. Anyway, it's a vacuum specifically made for use with sanders and other dust generating tools that have a vacuum hose connection.

Give anything to rent one of them with something like what shown for my kitchen ceiling, all fucked up with OEM plaster stupid crap and not any better, when redoing the kitchen years ago, it was too much to drop all that 300' of sheetrock and make a mess enough to run off Frankenstein.......

maybe next life....tried to rent a Porter-Cable vac, dust sheetrock sander, got all set up going to spend some 400 bux on the project, and the sander was a POS and didn't work....lovely, I got pissed and cancelled the project....

:crap::lol:

nice thing about Florida, catch a nice breeze, sand in the driveway....wood, plastic, steel, whatever....

stand up wind....

:lol:

They're pretty proud of those little vacuums, but I found one priced pretty reasonably. ($105) I think I will order one and see how it works. I know they also make a housing for the air file so I ought to be able to do just about any of my work dust free! When I need to use the grinder, etc. I can just hold the nozzle near the work.

K600-2T.jpg

http://www.kingdrywall.com/drywall_sander_vacuum_p/k600.htm