rear coilover ride height adjustment problem

daveL82

I have my 5 link suspension on the car and actually drove it around the block with no problems! This is a big step after having the car off the road for a year.

The drivers side of the car is sitting about 1/2 lower than the driver side and I want to bring the drivers side up that 1/2 inch. However to get the ride hight higher I'm having to compress the spring on the shock (no free space left. The spring is10" 550lb. The threads below the adjustment rings measure about 1.5 inches

I want to come up with a better way to adjust the shock mounting point but at this time I'm just happy to have it on the road.

Both your shock mounts are identical? if so, then you have no other choice but to adjust the other side. Sure it will preload the spring more so your effective rate starts off higher but this has to be done to level the car, and most likely it's a corner weight issue that has the one side sitting lower than the other side (you said drivers side twice, assume dr. side is lower than pass?). You could try moving the battery to the passenger side and see what that does, it may help a little.

Marck, Thanks for your quick response and yeah it's the drivers side that is lower. The mounts are the same and I do intend to make the lower mount adjustable down the road but at this time they are the same.

Can't move the batt as this is a street car also (not gutted).

The battery should fit in the other compartment, just have to make the cables a tad longer.

What springs are you using? It's possible that the spring rates could be inconsistant with one another. If they are QA1's that would explain a lot. Hyperco coils are the way to go.