Points conversion

vette427sbc

Does anyone have any experience with the points to electronic conversions? I HAD a mallory kit in my tach drive dizzy and after only 2000 miles/2 years, it has shit a brick, and of course it only has a warranty of 12 months. So is anyone else running a different brand conversion? I dont want to spend the $$$ for the MSD pro-billet, or the other brands either. Any suggestions as to what I should get/do? maybe get another mallory or some other brand? Right now im running an old school accel dual points mechanical advance only dizzy, and i really liked the way it ran with the electronic ignition. Plus, Im tach-less with the accel.
Thanks, Chris

Use a stock, rebuilt, recurved points type tach drive dizzy, or get a tach drive HEI like they sell at DUI.

When I was low on cash I used the stock points as the trigger for an MSD box. (yeah I know MSD boxes are a little flaky) The points are no longer making and braking the ignition circuit and last forever. For the cost of another points conversion select the high energy ignition amplifier of your choice (MSD, Crane, Jacobs etc) and put a set of hot rod points in the fatory distributor. All the boxes include instructions on doing it this way plus you get a whopper of a spark to boot!

I went with the breakless se a while back. It worked fine for a stock engine. It's a single wire unit...uses the original wire.

Went with a DUI after the rebuild.

I still have it if you are interested in trying it.

http://www.lectriclimited.com/breakerless_se_mainpage.htm

That is essentially what I have now. (just not garbage) I think I may look into another brand conversion kit as I did notice a difference in idle quality and high RPM operation when I went from my points distributor to the electronic. I think crane has one with a rev limiter built in. (which I need badly) Thanks for the offer :rose:

I notice the lectric limited conversion doesn't work with aftermarket distributors like Accel and they aren't cheap at $160. My luck, I have two Accel 37000 dual point, mechanical advance, tach drive distributors. One only has about 200 miles on it, so having them collect dust isn't in my best interest. I also have a relatively new and good HEI dist, so I have fire. Anyone have experience with an aftermarket HEI conversion that will work for them, or a market for their sale?