Anti theft systems.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
We all have decent rides and would like to keep them, problem is most/some of us dunno much on electronics/electricals.....to wire our cars past the typical factory crap that most thieves know about because they can read a wiring diagram....

aftermarket systems are fine for door locks, but that is severely limited.....

in another thread I hinted at some crap I have done....

if anyone is interested I be glad to share concepts/information/wiring info that I have....

:hi:

Im looking at the motion activated alarms. If anyone really wants the car, they dont need to start it- all they need is a flatbed and a car cover- gone.
Once someone starts to move the car, the alarm will go off. if they are smart, and know vettes sure they can just cut the ground cable and be done with any type of alarm, but at least I know no one will be getting under my car without jacking it up first, and that will set off the alarm. Another reason to like 'em low.... :hunter:

I understand you wanting to get a functional alarm. But really does anyone really pay attention to them when they go off? To get around cliping the ground at the frame, you could install a motorcycle battery in one of the stowage compartments. This way the whole system is in the car.

I understand you wanting to get a functional alarm. But really does anyone really pay attention to them when they go off? To get around cliping the ground at the frame, you could install a motorcycle battery in one of the stowage compartments. This way the whole system is in the car.

That is why no alarm on my car, no one notices, just a source of irritation....

funny thing is to be loud enough in a parking garage to set off all the car alarms.....then the joke of the BB vette causing a radiator leak in some 4 cyl POS......

about all can do is disable the car, make it really hard to steal, so even if they jumper it, they blast the wiring/fuses shutting it down again....
any electric pump makes fuel simple too, otherwise a shutdown valve inline there hidden away....along the frame rail on the suck side...

:nuts:

Personally I like the fuel line valve. I had a normally closed valve connected to a hidden switch. Only when the switch was turned and energizing the solenoid at the valve up would the valve open. I figured if someone could start the car a drive off then they would not damage the wiring or other things trying to get the car. With only a small amount of gas in the line the car woud go a short distance in the the street and then stop. I don't believe too many thieves would try to figure ot what was wrong - they would just run leaving the car in the street for a LEO to find.
Roger