Horns - how many should I have?

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
Bit of a silly question really but how many horns should be on my 82?

So far, I've found 4. There were 3 under the front end - two together as the dual note horn and a single horn I assume was the alarm.

I was taking out my passenger headlight assembly today and found another horn right up in side the front fender, beside the headlight assy.

WTF?​

There were no wires hooked up to it so I have no idea what the damn thing does. Any ideas? Am I going to find any more horns? :lol:

So far, I've found 4. There were 3 under the front end - two together as the dual note horn and a single horn I assume was the alarm.

I was taking out my passenger headlight assembly today and found another horn right up in side the front fender, beside the headlight assy.

WTF?​

There were no wires hooked up to it so I have no idea what the damn thing does. Any ideas? Am I going to find any more horns? :lol:

Stock GM horns for the era are curled up like a electric range element, and about 4" across and ~3" thick....have a steel bracket out the ass end for bolting to the car......the alarm horn on my '72 is still there, believe or not, and is like a typical trumpet thing....up behind the driver's seat tucked in above the battery box....never did bother removing it.....

GM only used two horns for horniness far as I know....one high, one lo....

I added another lo, and detuned the notes slightly for more noise...

:bump::smash:

WTF?​

Stock GM horns for the era are curled up like a electric range element, and about 4" across and ~3" thick....have a steel bracket out the ass end for bolting to the car......the alarm horn on my '72 is still there, believe or not, and is like a typical trumpet thing....up behind the driver's seat tucked in above the battery box....never did bother removing it.....

GM only used two horns for horniness far as I know....one high, one lo....

I added another lo, and detuned the notes slightly for more noise...

:bump::smash:

Not loud enough for the :quote: blue hairs, huh?

There's only supposed to be the three horns that I know of, two for the horn and one for the factory alarm. I can only guess your 4th horn is an aftermarket installation.

Now you're going to make the rest of us jealous, you having four and us only having three....

There's only supposed to be the three horns that I know of, two for the horn and one for the factory alarm. I can only guess your 4th horn is an aftermarket installation.

Now you're going to make the rest of us jealous, you having four and us only having three....

I'm on the road a lot, people dont use theyre horns much, they use theyre fingers a lot tho!

Wonder to run a wire/see that alarm horn in back is working...doubtful...but maybe to run a wire if it does....then I can be horney as anyone....

once in a while I show it too.....

:eek::smash:

Lord knows who would have installed it where it is though - it's a complete and utter arse of a place to get to. I can't even reach the bolts to remove the damn thing :lol:

Hehe, when I pulled the plugs off the headlights, they crumbled to dust. So luckily, I have an extra horn to make up for the fact that I won't have lights!