OEM headlight switch?

GT6Steve

Two years ago my 81 original headlight switch failed and I thought little of it when I ordered a replacement from the usual suspects.

Now I'm in need of a FOURTH one after each of these Asian POS failed. Last one I had to disassemble the vacuum portion and reverse the slide just to get it to work!!!

C'mon A-Z vette parts suppliers!! Is it that hard to request a bit of Quality Control from your Chineese JUNK suppliers!:chinese:
________________:hunter:

Rant over, can anybody point me to a Good Quality supplier of these switches?

Two years ago my 81 original headlight switch failed and I thought little of it when I ordered a replacement from the usual suspects.

Now I'm in need of a FOURTH one after each of these Asian POS failed. Last one I had to disassemble the vacuum portion and reverse the slide just to get it to work!!!

C'mon A-Z vette parts suppliers!! Is it that hard to request a bit of Quality Control from your Chineese JUNK suppliers!:chinese:
________________:hunter:

Rant over, can anybody point me to a Good Quality supplier of these switches?

I kinda remember someone buying an OEM USA made switch for a camaro, and transferring the vacuum parts over.

Have to fish around a tad, but maybe can find a old one from my vacuum daze yet....

lemme know....

:sos:

Pleez!

Gene, I would relish an original:kissass: I am so sick of the aftermarket parts. Ironically, I can still find NOS for my old Jags but the Corvette is twice as difficult. Go figure...

How about the headlight actuators available, are they Chineese too?

Pleez!

Gene, I would relish an original:kissass: I am so sick of the aftermarket parts. Ironically, I can still find NOS for my old Jags but the Corvette is twice as difficult. Go figure...

How about the headlight actuators available, are they Chineese too?

Dunno, I had a Deer accident in '98 wiped out both headlight assy's...been fixed/non operational since then....actuators are LONG gone....

I suspect the witches hats available today are POS all the way, in that I didn't have much luck years ago....in the 3 years they 'worked' for me, I had 2 sets of hats in there....rubber split easy...

I found the best install was to use RTV on them instead of that clamp on the large end...just sealed the flange, then take a tiney tie wrap or small solid wire around the stem/small end, to secure to the shaft....still good when sold them off....

IF the things were operational, surely by now I would have had them modded to electrical, and then lo profile bulbs like in the Eckler's sugar scoop trays still in there now....see site for pix....so to raise them maybe 3" instead of 6" or so....:D

Finally found them....full of dust, and looking like Frankenstein relative....

PM your addy, I can send them along....lemme know what they are worth to you....one of them has the suck bracket/valve on it even....WAS working fine....in early '98....

:D:sos:

Gene did you find him a switch? If not let me know. I have one in my parts car.

Yes, I did, and they still on my desk here, damnit....have to send them tmrw.....

same box you sent me the a/c duct in.....:harhar:

wonder if I could just put a forward addy on it, and save postage???

:devil: