Dash Aftermarket speakers

agent20x

Finally got to put the upper dash pad in and the new speakers dont fit. I even went through the trouble to make new brackets, but the speakers are just too deep. Anyone know of speakers that will fit besides stock?

Don't know...but did '75 come with speakers in the kick panels? That's where I'm going to put them if I ever get around to it.

Finally got to put the upper dash pad in and the new speakers dont fit. I even went through the trouble to make new brackets, but the speakers are just too deep. Anyone know of speakers that will fit besides stock?

Some years ago, when I had tunes in my '72 I found some speakers at Radio Shack, they fit, but I had to drill holes for the posts on the OEM aluminum castings.....in there for years, not that I ever used them....I did keep them but dunno what shape they are in, I can check if you get desperate....

:drink:

I put Infinity 4"x6" 2 way speakers in my dash and JBL 4"x6" 2 way ones in the kick panels.

Hi agent, I believe you can still get them from GM, I got a pair last year. I don't now how good they are, audio is not my strong suit. If you want the part #'s I'm can dig them up for you......tm

The Crutchfield site says Polk Audio db461p 4"x6" will fit my '73. I'm currently installing Boston Acoustics S75 4"x6" which had close to the same dimensions as the Polks. My mounting brackets were missing and I had to make some brackets. On my first pass, I got the left speaker too close to the speedo housing so I reworked everything to move the speaker closer to the windshield. I think it will fit but I'm waiting on some parts before I can put everything back together (bitten by the while-I'm-at-its). It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I can get to the point where I'll know if the Bostons will fit. Will try to remember to post back.

DC