Hole dimensions for 72 Stingray script

Does anyone have the AIM dimensions for the 1972 front fender Stingray script please? In other words, where the holes go in the fender to mount the badge!

Little trick I know worked fine for me, and using now...cut the studs off the emblems, and stick down with RTV...I use black, clear should work well also...

saves locating and drilling silly holes....

:devil:

Need the position of the holes in relationship to each other or where they are
drilled on the car?????

If it is to each other........
If you already have the "script"... get a manila envelope / folder or similar and
mount the script the the envelope....then take a pencil and out line the script.
Cut out the outline in a rectangle fashion making sure the script is "square" with
the cutout. Now you have a nice stencil to drill your holes and they will be in
perfect relationship to one another.

I would think you could just "eye-ball it" from viewing a few pics of a '72.

Means....get it close enough no one would ever notice....unless they stuck a tape measure to it.

I would think you could just "eye-ball it" from viewing a few pics of a '72.

Means....get it close enough no one would ever notice....unless they stuck a tape measure to it.

I would just use some calipers off a pix to get a ratio related to the emblem go from there....simple algebra....solve for X

:bonkers::shocking:

Yeah, I could do that but I thought there was a page in the factory manual with a picture of it and the dimensions printed there.

I don't want the NCRS judges pulling me up for the script being a mm or so too far left or right :lol:

Yeah, I could do that but I thought there was a page in the factory manual with a picture of it and the dimensions printed there.

I don't want the NCRS judges pulling me up for the script being a mm or so too far left or right :lol:

I wuz kinda wondering WTF, who cares?? nice thing about MODs on a vette, ain't nuttin' stock, not nuttin' honey....

:devil::banghead:

Wayne i can give you the instructions for mounting the crossed flags on the fender if that will help.

Here are the dimensions from the AIM for a 73. Now I just need to figure out the datum position for the "5" shown in the circle:

44a57753f20dc4.jpg

Wayne i can give you the instructions for mounting the crossed flags on the fender if that will help.
Go on mate, give us a look :thumbs:

NO! .... they will just bust you for having it 10 years off....:tomato: ;)
Bugger... :lol:

Here are the dimensions from the AIM for a 73. Now I just need to figure out the datum position for the "5" shown in the circle:

44a57753f20dc4.jpg
That's the pic I was after, thanks mate. You're right about the datum point though.

Hehe, NOTE remove paper backing

This is the only other reference I can find in the AIM for a datum position. Looks like "0" is 1.71 in front of the C1 hole in view A. Maybe it's the front body mounts holes?

44a5783fc63534.jpg

Be very careful if you use directions from Kevin. He has difficulty with front and rear marker lights.

Be very careful if you use directions from Kevin. He has difficulty with front and rear marker lights.

They interchange??? on my '72?? I gotta try that just for shits and giggles....

:crap:

Oh, the purple is in front and the pink is in the rear??? that the way it goes???

:thumbs:

This is the only other reference I can find in the AIM for a datum position. Looks like "0" is 1.71 in front of the C1 hole in view A. Maybe it's the front body mounts holes?

44a5783fc63534.jpg
Hmmm... maybe time for John's idea. Can someone post a nice closeup pic of a left and right fender with the script and louver in view please?