Husky Air Compressor

vette

Any pro or cons on a 3.2 HP Husky two stage compressor? Thinking of getting one.

Thanks,
Danny

got a link or HomeDepot part number ?

I have the 60 gallon husky compressor, $399 at Home Depot, great compressor for the money. It's a 220V motor and I run it off the dryer outlet - the power cable was $25 :mad:

I have the 60 gallon husky compressor, $399 at Home Depot, great compressor for the money. It's a 220V motor and I run it off the dryer outlet - the power cable was $25 :mad:

Husky 3.2 Running HP 60 Gallon Cast Iron Air Compressor

Model VT6314

$439.00/EA Each
Home Depot

Danny

Some of my friends have them, and report no trouble so far. If you get a Home Depot credit card, you get another 10% off. Buy it with the card, pay it off, then tear the card up.:devil:

This compressor sold at Lowes Campbell Hausfeld
60-Gallon 135 PSI Electric Air Compressor is build exactly like the husky sold at home depot. Same price and specs too. I wonder who really produces these compressors Husky or Campbell? Both manufacture model numbers also start with VT.... One is painted blue and the other is red.

Danny

This compressor sold at Lowes Campbell Hausfeld
60-Gallon 135 PSI Electric Air Compressor is build exactly like the husky sold at home depot. Same price and specs too. I wonder who really produces these compressors Husky or Campbell? Both manufacture model numbers also start with VT.... One is painted blue and the other is red.

Danny

Go to TractorSupply and you'll find the same compressor in yellow and green.... $400..... don't remember what brand they sell.... I usually shop where it's most convinient: TractorSupply is within 1 mile from my house but I had a 10% off coupon that Homedepot accepted...(mentioned above)... for $40 I can drive 5 miles....LOL...

P1000311.jpg
WHEN I use air tools I hate waiting for the pressure to build back up, if your porting heads and someone else in the shops using air tools one compressor can,t always keep up so I found that two more than meet the needs

P1000311.jpg
WHEN I use air tools I hate waiting for the pressure to build back up, if your porting heads and someone else in the shops using air tools one compressor can,t always keep up so I found that two more than meet the needs

Thanks. Good advice, but it's only me and my two dogs so I shouldn't have a problem. By the way, both Husky sold at Home Depot and compressors sold at Lowes are made by Campbell Hausfeld. I thought they looked similar.

Danny

actually they all use the same pump. it's basically just like buying a pair of running shoes now. they're all made in the same factory, just slap a different logo on it.
either way, they're not bad compressors for what they are. as long as you're not planning on doing any significant sand blasting or DA sanding, you'll be fine. change the oil once a year and drain the water from the tank and it will probably outlast you.