yet another seat post

AJ77

vbimghost.php
[/url][/IMG]

Here are my new 2000 sport seats in my '77. Even got the power lumbar and side bolster pumps working.

I used the original C5 tracks, just drilled off the rivets for the front and rear risers and fabricated some new ones. There's just enough head room like this. I made them so that I can swap the track for a power one (I already have the required power track). Drivers side is still waiting on some small bits & pieces from the OP ;)

included a pic of the risers
24a43eb6a5368e.jpg

Gotta swap that e brake cushion for a black one, will look much better that way..anyway..the risers:
24a43eb6b9ca84.jpg

I used the original C5 tracks, just drilled off the rivets for the front and rear risers and fabricated some new ones. There's just enough head room like this. I made them so that I can swap the track for a power one (I already have the required power track). Drivers side is still waiting on some small bits & pieces from the OP ;)

24a43eb6a5368e.jpg

Gotta swap that e brake cushion for a black one, will look much better that way..anyway..the risers:
24a43eb6b9ca84.jpg

Funny you should say that, I was thinking the same thing about my interior/seat swap. I got some nice used BLACK C4 seats and I ordered some new Saddle leather covers for them to match my interior, then thought that the black seats would look good if I had a black brake cover too. I could have saved the cost of the new seat covers.:push:DOH!
Hindsight is always 20/20 I guess...

By the way - Great looking install!

24a43eb6a5368e.jpg

What are the side console covers made from in this car? They look good! Mine are all tatty and covered in carpet and bulging at the sides.

Vinyl on hardboard. They're from ZIP. They are a 77 only item.

Do you still have the black C4 covers?

Funny, I have the brake cover and console surround in black too, everything else is dark saddle....

finally did the hatch covers in dark gray/black formica,

:surrender:

I thought about trying that with the original tracks, but I'm 6'2" and even with the '77 tracks, my head is about 1/2" from the top headliner. I don't need all the power stuff anyway. The seats never move.

Pulled the headliner out and the tops will be exchanged for some moon roofs anyway. It is cramped w/ the original tracks but I can't see it being much better with the 77 tracks. I'm 6'1".

Yes, a little...not much. Y'all are just a spoiled bunch. I can't even get my arms inside the car in an orderly fashion, I'm in there like in a garbage compactor :D We don't care if it's cramped...beats driving a euro shitbox around LOL

Yes, a little...not much. Y'all are just a spoiled bunch. I can't even get my arms inside the car in an orderly fashion, I'm in there like in a garbage compactor :D We don't care if it's cramped...beats driving a euro shitbox around LOL

Quit eating and pump less iron,.....:devil::flash:

I don't know how big guys can deal with todays small cars, wtf are you supposed to do? Todays cars are inspired by the "sensible" cars designed by little 'nippers'. I'm regular sized and I'm not at all comfortable in them. My mechanic is a bigger guy, not huge, he lives out of town so he drives some little pos for economy. I don't know how he does it. He looks like a clown in the thing.

I don't know how big guys can deal with todays small cars, wtf are you supposed to do? Todays cars are inspired by the "sensible" cars designed by little 'nippers'. I'm regular sized and I'm not at all comfortable in them. My mechanic is a bigger guy, not huge, he lives out of town so he drives some little pos for economy. I don't know how he does it. He looks like a clown in the thing.

Lo back, arthritis all over made me leave the DC area for Florida, one of the things was headroom, reused OEM foam on the recovers, removed seat belt covers, dropped the seats by removing rear brackets, rugs, about 1.5-2" gain in headroom, then my knees still on the late shark TT wheel, into the turn signal also...so almost 8 years ago I cut a wide U shape down the firewall below the column height, and across the floorboard....swung the firewall forward 3", and reglassed, heated/bent the gas pedal, cut/welded to lower the brake pedal....~3" each.....

I"ll tell you a challenge to drive....try a MIATA....:clobbered::nuts::banned: