C4-C2 Hybrid

IMO It's hideous and why go through all that effort and convert an already old platform. Too late and too ugly IMO!!

last year at Mid America Motor works was a 1963, c-6 frame,1963 body.. The give away was the c6 windshield . Today it's what you pay for. The car didn't draw that much attention.

Last edited:
I've seen one live. It's not that bad. Infact my opinion is that it's one of the best looking conversions that I have seen. But I still prefer the original look. I agree with Twin Turbo, too late, C4 is already history... I suppose it's easier (?) and cheaper (?) to mod C4 engine, suspension and drivetrain into a C2 than make this conversion. On top you still have the original look.

I have seen the C5 62 in person and it is nicely done. The problem with a C5-6 to C2 conversion is the longer wheelbase and transaxle makes for a tall and wide back end. So, I can see the guys point that the C4 is a good platform for this.

The C4 interior room is a real bonus as is the suspension and the potential for modification.. A C2 is cramped and the steering wheel is too close.

The only thing I would have done different on that car is sloped the nose a little and made Lexan glass for the back (the pillar behind the window looks like it might make an awkward surface transition). The guy that is making them is making a convertible. I think that might be a better looking conversion.

I have seen the C5 62 in person and it is nicely done. The problem with a C5-6 to C2 conversion is the longer wheelbase and transaxle makes for a tall and wide back end. So, I can see the guys point that the C4 is a good platform for this.

The C4 interior room is a real bonus as is the suspension and the potential for modification.. A C2 is cramped and the steering wheel is too close.

The only thing I would have done different on that car is sloped the nose a little and made Lexan glass for the back (the pillar behind the window looks like it might make an awkward surface transition). The guy that is making them is making a convertible. I think that might be a better looking conversion.

The ONE thing I really disliked about a C4 interior was those damn narrow seats, that '87 actually hurt my hips after a couple hours driving...

:hissyfit:

Isn't there a guy that took a C3 and graffed a front and rear end of a C2?

That one was neat, line were much better

Yes, and it was awesome. The C2 lines were so much sleeker with the C3 roof line and the c3 doors. It was awesome!