Steeroids missing part

cajos1968

I'm converting non power assist to a steeroids rack. In the description there is reverence to installing the ds gusset in place of the old p/s ramp bracket. I don't have one. I have 4 holes, but no bolts and nuts, what do I use?

4 bolts, actually the two on the outer frame edge are plenty....

the factory used long flat U clamps I suppose for assy reasons....

:smash:

If you mean that you do not have nuts and bolts to attach that to the frame, originally there are 2 plates w/ 2 studs on it that drop into the frame and nuts go on the outside. You can simply fab some new ones from a strip of steel, drill a set of holes and weld on some bolts and use nuts. I upgraded to thicker metric ones there too since one of the plates was messed up. The big hole in the frame is there for dropping in those plates.

This is home made (the outer one, the other is stock)
24896006ab27d0.jpg

Thanks, now that you described them I found them at the parts store.

Think I will fabricate them my self. I also dropped speed direct a line, that this should have been included in the non-power to R&P kits.

When you install that bracket make sure it fits flat. Mine had a small plate welded on the frame contact side to make up for the step in the frame. It did not fit properly and the bracket would rock when held in place by hand. I did a little grinding so it would lay flat without motion then bolted it up. :thumbs: