Base timing

Jsup

The motor is a 427 SBC . Cam is 240/246 HR set on 108* centerline. 1.6 Rockers. 10.5ish compression.

Motor seems to like timing. I have the base timing set at 16* right now. There's no pinging on premium pump gas. I am using the stock ECU it's a 1990 Corvette. Don't tell me I need a better ECU, it's my mission to use it.

How much base timing do you think I can get away with? How high have you guys put it?

The motor is a 427 SBC . Cam is 240/246 HR set on 108* centerline. 1.6 Rockers. 10.5ish compression.

Motor seems to like timing. I have the base timing set at 16* right now. There's no pinging on premium pump gas. I am using the stock ECU it's a 1990 Corvette. Don't tell me I need a better ECU, it's my mission to use it.

How much base timing do you think I can get away with? How high have you guys put it?

I know my '87 and my 1227730 powered speed density on this '72 have a knock sensor, which pulls out timing , I found both seem to like initial at 10* thing is, they both were/are only 350 engines....
so I never hear any pinging/spark knock, I even ran regular gas with either one, no knocking....and as I recall, your 90 should be speed density also, but noticed a lack of power...:D