electrical puzzle

AJ77

Could anyone here post just the section of a 2000 C5 wiring diagram that has the wiring for the power sport seats? I would like to retain the lumbar function on a pair I'm putting in my 77 but don't have a clue what wire is what.

Autozone has the wiring diagrams in their repair guides but somehow the large pic doesn't work for me.

Are you asking about the air pump system?

Yes. The seats both have the relay-control box underneath. If I could just find out which wire is which, I might be able to have lumbar and side bolster function. That would be nice.

I have what I think are 1999 sport seats. I still have the air system in the seats and I took it apart tonight. This is what I have (same as yours?):

44a36e05f9faad.jpg

44a36e060c9301.jpg

This has a white 10 pin connector with 8 positions used. The relays are Zettler 12A 28VDC. I jumped the motor/pump with a 12VDC power supply and couldn't get it to turn. I unhooked the pump tube and still no luck. This was with a 800ma power supply so maybe I just didn't have enough ass to start the motor. I'm pretty sure this is a 12VDC system so I will borrow a real power supply from work and see if we can't figure this out.

I'll pull one of the seats back out of the car tonight and remove the little storage bags the pump and relays are in to see. I might have it figured out! I got hold of the schematics for the seats and traced the + power and ground wires coming from the car to the seat. I then isolated the wires coming from the switch panel in the seat that only work the lumbar and side bolsters. I'm going to use my lawnmower battery for power and see if it will work without letting the magic smoke out. The only thing that concerns me is there is one orange + power wire coming from the dash to the switch panel plug, and another coming from the dash and going directly into the plug that is coming out of the switch panel and into the air pump harness. I'm afraid if I hook up both + wires it might cause a problem?

I don't have the rest of the harness, it went with the seat tracks that I couldn't use. I am going to get the pinouts for the relays. It sure looks like there is two relays for the bolsters and lumbar and one for the motor.

Do you have the controls for the pump?

The wire from your dash might be position memory?

I got it figured out! A guy from another forum sent me the schematics just for the lumbar and side bolsters for each seat. I still have the seat harnesses so it was pretty easy to isolate the wires just for that. I will be testing tonight. Actually, the power wire going into the switch is for the relay coil and the power wire going directly to the pump connector is the power going through the relay to the pump. It should work like a champ. Thanks for all your help. This will really make my wife happy and we all know how important that is!!

Got them working on Sat. Boy, is that sweet!! I'll see if I can post a pic or two tomorrow.