New project

big_G

Blown Member
Last week I picked up a '72 Chevelle. Very rough...will need both fenders, trunk and floor pans, both door skins, trunk lid and maybe a hood. Other than that...lol. Behind the rear seat in the springs was the build sheet in good condition. The usual options including the all important a/c. The Chevelle started life out in Van Nuys. The original owner was National Car Rental!. Had a lowly 2bbl. 350. My plans are to re-install a black vinyl roof and black interior, probably go with Arctic white exterior. Ralley rims and a torquey 350 will finish it off..
chevelle002-1.jpg
chevelle005.jpg
chevelle001.jpg
chevelle004-1.jpg
chevelle003.jpg

What you give for it?? mind saying???

Gotta be cheeper than a Goat for resto....

:chinese:

1k. Was in a field since 1997. Put fuel and a battery in it and it fired right up. No bad noises or any smoke.

Wow, NICE!!! What's it going to be? Resto or sort of pro touring style? I vote for the latter :)

Wow, NICE!!! What's it going to be? Resto or sort of pro touring style? I vote for the latter :)

Well, it's a tough decision. But I believe I'll restore it to original condition. Of course, upgrades where necessary. I've got three 'Vettes, so this one will be a nice cruiser. Don't need another gas hog...:smash:

Well, it's a tough decision. But I believe I'll restore it to original condition. Of course, upgrades where necessary. I've got three 'Vettes, so this one will be a nice cruiser. Don't need another gas hog...:smash:

Overdrive and DPFI, coming up......

:smash::smash::eek::surrender:

You can find donor F-bodies for less than $4000..... LS1, 4L60, AC... I bet all that stuff is easy to fit in there, looks like you have lots of room under the hood :thumbs:

You can find donor F-bodies for less than $4000..... LS1, 4L60, AC... I bet all that stuff is easy to fit in there, looks like you have lots of room under the hood :thumbs:

By the time I buy all the sheet metal and interior, I'll be close to that number. I don't want to get upside down on this one. There will be more restos. to follow this one. Maybe so something cool then.

By the time I buy all the sheet metal and interior, I'll be close to that number. I don't want to get upside down on this one. There will be more restos. to follow this one. Maybe so something cool then.

My welder buddy, without whom my vette would not exist in present form, not even close, has a '68 Goat like that, but he resto'd it some 30 years ago as a teenager, learning body work/welding.....joined the Navy and kept the car...he is ~45 now....sets in the garage, never driven, and the new pickup set outside in the rain/sun....go figger....

:gurney::devil: