Weirdest tool in the box......

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Other than yourself.....the oddest ball thing you maybe only used ONCE, but there it IS.....

other than yourself, that is....

pix is nice, but good description is fun too.....

GO....

:devil::smash:

I had an old GM a-arm spreader. Or so I was told. Never did use it, and it weighed 30lbs.
I have alot of Model T dealer shop tools. Talk about strange stuff.

Ok...I'll play.

Aluminum fence post cut to about a foot and flattened on one side....great for leverage where there just ain't no room .....doubles as a bottle rocket launcher, just hammer into the ground.:D

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

Not in the box, but kind of a "strange" tool I would say, not really weird...more like unusual :) These are 2 electronic alignment benches:

24a2c441eda321.jpg

I have two weird tools, both of my own creation. First one is simply an 7-8" long steel nail. It looks like a gutter nail, but of steel. I'm not sure where it came from. I must have hoarded it when I was much younger (~7) when I first got my tools. I curled it to push out my trailing arm pivot bolts when I did my suspension swap.

The second is just a zip tie pulled to certain size loop. I use this for re-installing my inner door panels. I slip it over the door handle so when I move the panel into position, I grab the end of the zip tie through the door handle cut-out to "open" the handle, thus allowing it to easily slip through the door panel. This has come in handy numerous times.

I have some weird ones too, 2 tools to remove oil filters after you tear the case clean off. I may have a pic of them. 2 because not all filters have the holes in the same location.

Here is what I was talking about, of course it goes on the filter from the other side but this is to illustrate.

24a3ebfb0d400c.jpg

24a3ebfdf48d9c.jpg

Here is what I was talking about, of course it goes on the filter from the other side but this is to illustrate.

24a3ebfdf48d9c.jpg

UHH...I don't understand what that tool is doing like that....what function could it possible have???

:amazed:

Exactly. I have ripped off a few, then you're stuck with sharp edges of the ruptured case and a stury base w/ holes...what to do if you don't have the room to put a drift in a hole and swing a hammer, you need something like this

Exactly. I have ripped off a few, then you're stuck with sharp edges of the ruptured case and a stury base w/ holes...what to do if you don't have the room to put a drift in a hole and swing a hammer, you need something like this

OK, I have to assume you are trying to remove the filters from the engine/cooler units.....what is the matter with a filter wrench?? almost all of them say to tighten just one turn after contact with oiled gasket/rubber...

you must have the typical strap type filter wrench, no?? I think maybe ONE filter gave me a fit, long ago and I had to basically destroy the thing to get it off there....I was rocket pissed....:flash::goodnight::crap:

You're not getting it, sometimes these filters are so stuck because an idiot tightened them down really tight, they are impossible to get off. I have a chain type filter wrench, a strap type and a ratcheting 3 claw type. Sometimes none of them work and you try the screwdriver through the case approach only to see the case split open like a soda can. What to do when you do not have the room there to swing a hammer and hold a drift in one of the holes. This is the way to get the damned filter off without disassembling the car, removing everything in plain sight to gain access to the filter pad. I used both tools exactly 1 time.