Well, I did something I'm not proud of

Jsup

I lost the key to my locking lug nuts.......

SO. I just beat a socket over them until tight and took them off.

Will be replacing with regular lug nuts. No more locking ones for me.

Those locking nuts are worthless given the ease they come off, especially with these and a cordless impact:

boltgrip_sm.jpg

These are "somewhat" better ... at least it might take a little more effort to get these off, haven't tried to break these loose as I have not lost the key yet...

214a2c0cf1b8a68.jpg

Those are the same thing. Beat a socket over them and spin them right off. They only slow down honest people. I have them on my wheels and know they can easily be defeated.:surrender:

These are "somewhat" better ... at least it might take a little more effort to get these off, haven't tried to break these loose as I have not lost the key yet...

214a2c0cf1b8a68.jpg

Those are the old "Mc Gard". We used to buy them at Pep Boys as a kid for $22.00 a set.

214a2c0cf1b8a68.jpg

Those are the old "Mc Gard". We used to buy them at Pep Boys as a kid for $22.00 a set.

Those were on the 73 when I picked it up went to the local tire shop and they had a wrench or key or whever and it was chep.

214a2c0cf1b8a68.jpg

I have the 1990 original corvette wheels, those locks wouldn't look right anyway.

The car is in the garage 99% of the time, and when it's not I'm with it.

I'm taking the easy way out, no locks.

214a2c0cf1b8a68.jpg

My girlfriend had a set of these on her Acura CL and when I tried to change the tires the lug and the key just fell a part. I think it was bird that told me about pounding a socket on. It worked great the only hard part was getting the lug out of the socket.

I love them. I have made more money removing them because people loose the key and can't get the wheel off. Its like printing money.

I love them. I have made more money removing them because people loose the key and can't get the wheel off. Its like printing money.

Well, no one made money from me. I'm rid of those bastards.