Another seat swap question

I doubt that the tracks fit without head clearance problems. I just installed C6 seats and there was no way I could use the power tracks. I tried because I really like to have adjustable seats but I had to fab some brackets and bolt them to the floor: all the way down and all the way back (I'm 5'11")

The original seats in my '79 leave a lot to be desired, but the options are limited. I don't want to spend $1000 or more on seats, maybe a few hundred.
Thanks!

The original seats in my '79 leave a lot to be desired, but the options are limited. I don't want to spend $1000 or more on seats, maybe a few hundred.
Thanks!

Ditto, I removed the back mounting tabs on my '72, and pulled out any padding under the front tabs....gained almost 2" , critical when top is up, I"m 6'5" and shitty back/spine....

:(

winter 01-2 I cut a U slot on both sides up to the steering column height, and along the floorboard, and glassed it in some 3" forward on bottom, lowered both brake and gas pedals to get my knees off the steering wheel, it's a TT column from a '78+ shark....smaller wheel also...

Last edited: