Gotta wait for reverse

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
I love my new TKO II 5 speed transmission, just one little thing though, I gotta wait to shift into reverse so I don't grind the gears. Is this normal? My Richmond did not take as long to stop spinning after I depressed the clutch. All forward gears shift fine on the TKO. Whadaya think?

No idea about the TKO, but every Muncie equipped car I've owned it's easier to shift it to first and then reverse. First gets everything stopped, and it almost falls into reverse.

Reverse probably does not have a sycro so it doesn't take much input shaft speed to make it grind. If you are stopped and have the trans in a forward gear then go to reverse does it grind? The input shaft is stopped at that point and it shouldn't. If it does the clutch or input shaft must be dragging?

A BIG THANK YOU to you all. Shifting into 1st gear resolves the issue. This was a great fix, it did not cost anything, it was painless and I did not skin my knuckles or get all greasy!
:drink:

I don't think you would have to shift all the way into 1st. Just touch it and let the sychros sychro