GRAB your ass and HANG ON>>>>>>

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHrCLt3Geo[/ame]

On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris early in the morning. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets.

Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground.

:kissass::devil::D

I've seen this film before.
Lots of rumours about it, it was supposed to be Jacky Ickx or Jacques Laffitte

I read an interview that Lelouch gave and he had just finished a film and he had some rolls left didnt want to waste it so he decided to make a short film.

He used a 6,9 liter Mercedes and hooked a camera in front of it, did a practice run and then did it again full speed.
A helper was supposed to let him know about the traffic at certain passages but the walkie talkie wasn't working so he went ahead full speed.
It was done at 5,30 am.
He explained that he had about 9 or 10 minutes of film and at the end he had 15 sec to park the car, get out, run to the girl and take her in his arms.
She was supposed to climb the 2 last steps when she heard him blow the horn and it obviously worked.

Wow, great scenic tour through Paris--the man knows the city well! You certainly couldn't do that today, even at 5AM the streets are too crowded now. (& of the couple dozen or more streetlights he went through, I counted 12 that were green!)

Last edited: