BEASTPRATT

BEASTPRATT

I DO MECHANICAL WORK BUT HAVE NEVER WORKED WITH FIBERGLASS CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO I HAVE NO CLUE ! THIS HAPPEND ON ONE OF THOSE FINE DAYS N RAINY NIGHTS TALK TO ME

Welcome, take the caps off. We can hear you but we can't see what your talking about though. How about some pics?

Danny

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

I too am fighting the vette body/paint PIA....and loosing the battle, I may add...

:sweat:

Welcome to VetteMOD

I moved this to the paint and body section. Let us know what type of repair you are making.

Ouch! How'd that happen?

Is the whole front clip destroyed?

I saw this car in person. No the clip is not destroyed. The fender separated at the bonding seam and broke off at the narrow part above the wheel well. There are a few "chunks" missing that will need to be glassed in but nothing impossible.

Do you have the missing pieces so you can glue it back together ?? It sure looks ugly but does look like it's fixable... buy the good SMC adhesive like Evercoat or Duramix. I've used the Evercoat adhesive as a filler and it worked really well.

Welcome to vetteMOD :hi:

Ummm... those pics are so out of focus, I can't even make out what was what :confused:

Post up some decent pics :thumbs:

What's wrong with those pics Wayne? Have you gone thru alcohol withdrawl and it's messin' with your eyesight?
:ill:

I thought they were pretty fuzzy too. But what I could see, looks worse that it is. Some glass work, some sanding and good as new.

When I tried to open those pics they were so huge all I got was a blur.:confused:

I spoke with Lee (Beastpratt) yesterday and hope to visit with him over the weekend. If I remember I will take my digital camera and try and get some good pics. I believe that Lee used his cell phone to take the pics that are currently posted. His 'Vette has some nice old school body mods....