door alighnment & window support... how to?

Shirley1978

So im sick of wind noise coming from the back side of my drivers side window... its just plain annoying when i want to drive with the windows up.. my drivers side door is pretty off as you can see in the pics below..
May20_0001.jpg
May20_0002.jpg
May20_0003.jpg
May20_0004.jpg

how can i adjust this? anyone have any recommendations on how to get the doors to seal better?

ive been pondering the idea of making a guide system simular to a crx's door but only the back part, not the entier frame that wraps around the door glass

DSC04674s.jpg

this would theoretically give the glass alot more support making it ALOT easier to fit a weather strip for a good seal..

anyways.. any ideas on both? or how id go about doing something like that?

The glass will seal just fine once the door is aligned, assuming that the weatherstripping is ok....

The door is way off, probably a good idea to replace the pins and bushings at the hinges. I think that the alignment itself requires a lot of patience :blush:

The back edge of the door looks "in" at the bottom and "out" at the top. That's going to take some shimming of the door hinges.

BBshark, yeah thats what i was noticing too.... so is there any threads out there on how to adjust the door? i havent looked at the hinges, im just at work right now wondering how to fix it... :bonkers:

BBshark, yeah thats what i was noticing too.... so is there any threads out there on how to adjust the door? i havent looked at the hinges, im just at work right now wondering how to fix it... :bonkers:

There are shims on the door hinges against the pillar, looks as if there are too many shims on the top hinge...you can loosen the bolts from inside behind the dash...tons of UNFUN getting to them and that shim slips out like a horse collar/U channel setup, there are 4 bolts in a square pattern...

I just had my driver's door on/off not long ago...

:clobbered: course I cheated, I had the dash/interior out...