Manual master cylinder

Get a C5 master? They have a 1" bore.

Yes you need an adapter, on manual cars the hole in the firewall is higher and the 2 mounting holes for the master do not line up with the lower 2 of the 4 stud booster.

I was also going to ask about the c5 master but you already answered it, thanks

So do I need to cut the fire wall up? Or just make the MC mount towards the bottom of the adapter

I think someone at DC or CF made one, he had the IRS 9" also. I'll try to find it later

Last edited:
just make an adapter plate with 4 bolt holes to bolkt to the original location and then mate the mater cylinder to that, moving it lower so that the MC bore centerline is about on the bottom edge of where the original hole in the firewall was. You will need to cut an additional hole in the firewall too, making it sort of an 8 shape.

yeah, you're not building a bomb shelter.

what exactly are you using for a rod between the MC and the pedal? My factory
HEAVY mc seems to do it`s job but if I were to switch I think I would go dual masters with remote reservoirs and a balance bar.

what exactly are you using for a rod between the MC and the pedal? My factory
HEAVY mc seems to do it`s job but if I were to switch I think I would go dual masters with remote reservoirs and a balance bar.

I'll have to make that rod that connects the pedal to the MC too right?

I was thinking about the dual MC but it's too expensive for me right now.

I found a c5 MC for 20 bucks

With the 1" MC how far is the pedal travel?

I imagine with the hawk blues it isn't too bad

I've just never driven with manual brakes

I finally found it

It looks like her didn't move it down at all though

vetteJune06_044.jpg

shafiroff540BB.jpg

injection2.jpg

4082008009.jpg

Screw the master cylinder...just look at that pretty kinsler dragon claw :twitch::bounce:

It places the MC where the booster would sit, factory manual MCs sat higher:

2nd pair of holes and upper large hole:
firewall007.jpg

This was done so the rod is higher up giving a better pedal ratio for the manual mc.

So wait I need to move the MC up, or down

Would mounting it like the guy with the kinsler make the pedal harder? I could try mounting it in the stock power position like he has and then If I don't like it I could move it.

UP, down makes the pedal ratio worse. Doing it like the kinsler guy there will make it much harder to depress the pedal.