performance chips

Icemen

Great looking site. Am looking forward to poking around.

07 S/T 6-speed

What are the best brands of tuners to look at? I am looking for something not only to increasse performance, but also to turn off the 'skip shift feature'

Thanks in advance

07 S/T M/T

I am looking at different chip kits not only for performance but to turn off the skip-shift feature.
Any recommendations?

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

Iceman....you fly???

:beer:

I used the Predator from Diablosport, it's a handheld programmer. You can find these used for $250 shipped, they're $369 (new). With a programmer you eliminate the skip shift AND the 1-4 light. You could use the cheaper skip shift eliminator that plugs in at the trans but that does not get rid of the light.

The programmer comes with a "performance tune" - not much improvement, maybe 10HP... engine seems to run smoother though..... it does require 93 octane gas...

My '06 is a 6spd, I've used a Predator on my LS1 F-body with automatic transmission and it was a HUGE improvement just because of the changes made to shift points and firmness.

Last edited:
I used the Predator from Diablosport, it's a handheld programmer. You can find these used for $250 shipped, they're $369 (new). With a programmer you eliminate the skip shift AND the 1-4 light. You could use the cheaper skip shift eliminator that plugs in at the trans but that does not get rid of the light.

The programmer comes with a "performance tune" - not much improvement, maybe 10HP... engine seems to run smoother though..... it does require 93 octane gas...

My '06 is a 6spd, I've used a Predator on my LS1 F-body with automatic transmission and it was a HUGE improvement just because of the changes made to shift points and firmness.

Karsten, please tell just what computers can be handled that way, and what I maybe able to wire into my batch fire MAP system, I can go sequential if necessary, easy enough.....but need know which computer to go with, and cars it maybe come out of....NOT looking for a aftermarket 5000 bux system, just a computer change off that '91 Firebird GM MAP system....

any ideas??? PM/email me if the files are too large for here....

Thanks man....

:drink::drink:

I just put my U7198 Predator (LS1) in the for sale section - I copied the info from the manufacturer's website that explains what this thing can do....

They make these for '98 and up LS1 cars....

Last edited:
Welcome to VetteMOD. I replied to your other thread - the skip shift is the single most annoying feature on a C6..... :1st: