EBC Brakes Opinions Needed

Stpman

I need to replace the brakes on my 06 Silverado 2500HD and found out that I can get EBC slotted & dimpled rotors and pads for a little more than chinese rotors and pads from CarQuest. Anyone have any thoghts on the EBC?

Steve

That sounds like a good deal. EBC has a good reputation primarily with motorcycles but I can't imagine they dropped the ball with their car stuff.

I've bought rotors and pads at AutoZone and AdvancedAuto, never had a problem with their stuff. Their pads come with a lifetime warranty - I have worn a set of pads down and they did replace it covered by their warranty. the rotors were still fine after 60000+ miles...

I've bought rotors and pads at AutoZone and AdvancedAuto, never had a problem with their stuff. Their pads come with a lifetime warranty - I have worn a set of pads down and they did replace it covered by their warranty. the rotors were still fine after 60000+ miles...

I get my stuff through CarQuest and just had a set of rotors replaced from my Sunfire under warranty that only had 45,000Km I really don't want this for my truck. the counter guy tells me all the rotors (they sell) are made in china

I get my stuff through CarQuest and just had a set of rotors replaced from my Sunfire under warranty that only had 45,000Km I really don't want this for my truck. the counter guy tells me all the rotors (they sell) are made in china

Front rotors for my '72 vette, several years ago, 30 bux each at NAPA, me having called around.....I asked where made, he said USA....had good American style cast marks to them, and nice machine work, came out of a NAPA box saying USA MADE on them.....so I asked why so cheep, he said 'we own the plant that makes them'.....

damn if I know, :shocking::beer:

I just called al ocal NAPA and their rotors are made in China, if I want the North American made rotors they will cost more than what I was quoted for the EBC rotors :confused: :shocking:

Last edited:
I just called al ocal NAPA and their rotors are made in China, if I want the North Amaerican made rotors they will cost more than what I was quoted for the EBC rotors :confused: :shocking:

Jeez....I dunno man, but I do know the rotors fit fine and ran true as could be, still on the car, no issues....:hissyfit: next guess??

eh, been 4 years, they could have changed too....

As much as I hate to admit but some (by far not all) of that China stuff isn't all that bad :smash:

A brake rotor for a 4th gen F-body is under $40 at the Zone... how could we possibly cast and machine that thing here in the US and make a profit selling it for $40 ??

As much as I hate to admit but some (by far not all) of that China stuff isn't all that bad :smash:

A brake rotor for a 4th gen F-body is under $40 at the Zone... how could we possibly cast and machine that thing here in the US and make a profit selling it for $40 ??

Shit man, I can't understand how they handle and ship anything from over there about 50 times and get it here for 5 bux, with Walmart having a gross margin nearly 40%.....

go figger, shit costs NOTHING to make, its in distribution/transportation/warehousing/selling the money is....:surrender:

Shit man, I can't understand how they handle and ship anything from over there about 50 times and get it here for 5 bux, with Walmart having a gross margin nearly 40%.....

go figger, shit costs NOTHING to make, its in distribution/transportation/warehousing/selling the money is....:surrender:

GM doesn't get it either I'm picking up a pair of EBC rotors Monday for $243. The US price for 1 is $397 and the dealer here quoted me $695 ea:shocking:

$243 is a lot of money.

The guys who run their C5s on road courses have decided that using the NAPA $30 rotors is the most effective use of dollars. You can afford to change them often at that price.

$243 is a lot of money.

The guys who run their C5s on road courses have decided that using the NAPA $30 rotors is the most effective use of dollars. You can afford to change them often at that price.

Unfortunatly the cheap one (China) will cost about $85-90 each so $243 isn't a lot more. Oh and did I mention that NAPA wants $150 each for American made rotors? I hate being raped when I by parts up here

Last edited:
You can tap the rivet holes in the spindle and countersink the rotors for 3/8 flat heads (or maybe 10mm if that more available).

The holes in the spindle flange are about .340 dia so a 3/8-16 is a loose fit but still good enough thread engagement. I used 3/8-24 because I needed undercut heads and the thread engagement for those is better. You will need 3/4 inch length.

16 or 24 threads per inch (draadspoed). 16 = unc (unified national COARSE) 24 is UNF (unified national FINE)